Mouse Not Clicking in VirtualBox

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Linux hosts.
akkadaya

Mouse Not Clicking in VirtualBox

Post by akkadaya »

When using VirtualBox (6.1.18_RPMFusion r142142) on Fedora 33, the mouse stops clicking inside the Virtual Machine.
It doesn't matter which Guest OS is because it happened on multiple VMs.
The issue is not limited to inside the VMs, it extends to the whole VirtualBox interface and doesn't resolve until the VM is closed.
Furthermore, it affects all Java applications. The mouse won't click inside any of them until the VM is closed.
The keyboard works fine.

I don't know how to reproduce the issue, it just happens.

Thank you.
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Re: Mouse Not Clicking in VirtualBox

Post by scottgus1 »

Start the VM from full normal shutdown, not save-state. Run until you see the problem happen, then shut down the VM from within the VM's OS if possible. If not possible, close the Virtualbox window for the VM with the Power Off option set.

Right-click the VM in the main Virtualbox window's VM list, choose Show Log. Save the far left tab's log, zip it, and post the zip file, using the forum's Upload Attachment tab.
huguitovi

Post by huguitovi »

The same thing happens to me, but in Debian Bullseye, I understand that Fedora is Debian based so maybe my solution (quite poor but anyway) will help you to solve this.

What I did was to remove the user interface from the view, since I noticed that the click stopped just by hovering over this bar, which once deactivated is no longer a problem. To switch between desktops I use the right Cntrl key.
AlexFarol

Post by AlexFarol »

Same problem here. Debian Bullseye. Mouse gets stuck when using user interface.
AlexFarol

Post by AlexFarol »

I noticed today that the issue seems to be related to Firejail. It's installed on my system and gets launched automatically. Maybe that's the case of tweaking the related profile.
AlexFarol

Post by AlexFarol »

My mistake! Outside firejail the problem still occurs.
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Post by scottgus1 »

All Me-too'ers, please start a new topic, noting the instructions I gave OP akkadaya above.