Problems lauching Whonix and Kali Linux on Virtualbox

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Linux hosts.
blob

Problems lauching Whonix and Kali Linux on Virtualbox

Post by blob »

Hello, I'm here because I have problems launching Whonix and KaliLinux. I installed Whonix image first and tried to launch it (I launch gateway and interface) but all what I get is a black screen for both. I start googling the problem but didn't find anything interesting. So I tried with Kali Linux. I installed Kali Linux image and launched it but again same problem I got an other black screen. I googled the problem again, found some youtube tutorials explaining the problems but at the end nothing interesting. So I came her hoping you can help me. I can give you my logs but I don't know how to put them in my message. Thanks for those who will help me.

* I forgot to say I'm on Ubuntu 16.04 64bits.
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Re: Problems lauching Whonix and Kali Linux on Virtualbox

Post by scottgus1 »

Start the guest from full normal shutdown, not save-state. Run until you see the problem happen, then shut down the guest from within the guest OS if possible. If not possible, close the Virtualbox window for the guest with the Power Off option set.

Right-click the guest in the main Virtualbox window's guest list, choose Show Log. Save the far left tab's log, zip it, and post the zip file, using the forum's Upload Attachment tab.
blob

Post by blob »

Thanks for your quick reply. Here are my logs for Kali Linux and Whonix.
Attachments
Whonix workstation logs help.zip
(25.54 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
Whonix gateway logs help.zip
(25.51 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
KaliLinux log help.zip
(26.57 KiB) Downloaded 5 times
blob

Post by blob »

Can someone help me ?