How to increase the size of the terminal screen so I can see the end of the text lines.

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Linux hosts.
ozstar

How to increase the size of the terminal screen so I can see the end of the text lines.

Post by ozstar »

HI,

How do I increase the size of the terminal screen so I can see the end of the text lines please?
I have tried, zoom and view but it does not enlarge the actual screen and keep the text the same size so I can see the end.

I have set the 640- display thinking that may help to1280 but it doesn't change.

Thanks
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Re: How to increase the size of the terminal screen so I can see the end of the text lines.

Post by mpack »

If it's a graphics mode then the font used by the guest OS is chosen by the guest OS. The font selection determines how many columns of text you can see. So inside the guest is where you should look.
ozstar

Re: How to increase the size of the terminal screen so I can see the end of the text lines.

Post by ozstar »

Thank you. I thought i was doing that, however I was trying to change the actual programs screens, not the the primary Display screen of the Guest OS. Once I did this the screen changed and I am fine. Thank you, the trials of a newby :-)