Sonoff Zigbee USB Not Detected

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Linux hosts.
jh6004

Sonoff Zigbee USB Not Detected

Post by jh6004 »

Hello All, I've got a Sonoff Zigbee USB stick that I'm trying to pass through VirtualBox to my Home Assistant VM. The dongle shows up on my MX Linux host in /dev as ttyusb0 and I confirmed that it disappears and reappears when I unplug and re-insert it. I have the proper extension pack installed to match my VBox version. However, I see <no devices available> when I try to add a filter for the USB stick. I tried enabling USB 2.0 and 3.0 but can't find it using either one.

I found a site with usb IDs (it won't let me post a link yet. just Google "linux usb ids" and it's the first result) and tried setting up a manual filter with 0451 and 16a8 but have no idea if that was right or not. It didn't seem to help when I reloaded the VM.

What can I do to get the device to pass through to the VM?
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Re: Sonoff Zigbee USB Not Detected

Post by scottgus1 »

Please see these for Linux not finding USB devices despite everything set up correctly
missing file in host OS:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=103014&p=500584#p500584
VB not installed properly:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=103101&p=501132#p501075

Also, carefully go through USB basics and troubleshooting. If you finish all the steps 1-7 and cannot get your USB device into the guest OS, carefully post the outputs of the commands in step 8 as text, not screenshots. Zip and post the logs step 8 call for, using the forum's Upload Attachment tab.