installing Virtualbox on Q40s

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Linux hosts.
camvirt

installing Virtualbox on Q40s

Post by camvirt »

After installing Virtualbox 6.1 on Q40s, Debian 11 i tried to run a guest on got the following message

If your system has EFI Secure Boot enabled you may also need to sign the kernel modules (vboxdrv, vboxnetflt, vboxnetadp, vboxpci) before you can load them. Please see your Linux system's documentation for more information.
If your system has EFI Secure Boot enabled you may also need to sign the kernel modules (vboxdrv, vboxnetflt, vboxnetadp, vboxpci) before you can load them. Please see your Linux system's documentation for more information.

where: suplibOsInit what: 3 VERR_VM_DRIVER_NOT_INSTALLED (-1908) - The support driver is not installed. On linux, open returned ENOENT.

where: suplibOsInit what: 3 VERR_VM_DRIVER_NOT_INSTALLED (-1908) - The support driver is not installed. On linux, open returned ENOENT.

The inital instll allows me to disable secure boot and install but I am unsure how it relates to secure boot.

If I disable secure boot will virtual box install and run with no problems and I can restore secure boot in BIOS with no effect?