Windows 7 Guest on Debian Host looses net after hours

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Linux hosts.
Mikes56

Windows 7 Guest on Debian Host looses net after hours

Post by Mikes56 »

Hi

I've been dealing with a persistent issue for over a year. My guest will lose internet connection after a while, which is odd in of it self due to the randomness of it. Sometimes it'll lose net after just one our, sometimes it'll run a few hours, but no matter what it always looses net. I at that point have no net. I've tested this with simple pings to google and trying to access the net normally.

The net is via ethernet so its not a wifi issue. I've tried every combination of "Attached to" and every single "Adapter Type" I can think of. For a while I was able to get it consistently working using, I believe Bridged Adapta + Intel PRO/1000 MT Desktop with promiscuous Mode enabled. I found this tip online and it did work, but then VirtualBox issued an update and it has not worked since.

I can provide far more detail if needed as I have detailed logs of all the tests I did, but I wasn't sure if it would help

Has anyone run into this issue and found a fix that works? When I google this I see people have issues with this going back many years.

Thanks!