[Resolved] changing guest vdi from dynamic to fixed

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Linux hosts.
SChinaSeaTribe

[Resolved] changing guest vdi from dynamic to fixed

Post by SChinaSeaTribe »

Ok, I know it has kind of been asked before how to convert a dynamic vdi to a fixed vdi. My understanding is that all you have to do is run the command:

Code: Select all

VBoxManage clonehd <uuid>|<filename> <outputfile> --format vdi --variant Fixed
However, according to section 8.23 of the VirtualBox User Manual, "This command duplicates a registered virtual hard disk image to a new image file with a new unique identifier (UUID)."

So, what I want to do is clone the vdi that is running my windows 7 VM guest to a fixed size vdi, and then boot up using my fixed size vdi, and I will then delete the dynamically allocated vdi.

However, if the new vdi has a different UUID, it will affect the ability to use this vdi as a boot hard drive. Windows won't like it, and neither will VirtualBox.

So, how do you change it so that you can boot into it, after you have cloned the vdi into a fixed size vdi? Is there a way to do this?
Last edited by socratis on 28. Jun 2017, 08:55, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Marked as [Resolved].
Martin
Volunteer
Primary OS: Fedora other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: XP, Win7, Win10, Linux, OS/2

Re: changing guest vdi from dynamic to fixed

Post by Martin »

Where did you see this as "has been asked"?
For a long time now there is the recommendation not to use 'fixed' because it doesn't really has a performance advantage and creates more problems like not being resizeable.
SChinaSeaTribe

Post by SChinaSeaTribe »

A google search of "change dynamic vdi to fixed virtualbox" will bring up a lot of hits, so that is what I say is the basis for it having been asked before. However, my specific question hasn't really been asked.

Whether or not there is a performance advantage to a fixed vdi is still being debated. I won't take a stand one way or another, except to say in various forums and blog posts, I have read both sides - some say there is and some say there isn't. However, the dynamic vdi does have a distinct disadvantage that I have experienced, on multiple occasions, and that is that it grows in size significantly beyond the actual disk usage in the guest machine. I realize there is a way to shrink it down, but it is quite involved. I looked at how to do that a year or so ago, but at the moment as I try and transfer my files to a new machine, I would like to change to a fixed size vdi. Then I will always know that I have a certain amount of storage for the vdi, and nothing else.

Twice in the past I have experienced my dynamic vdi filling up the remainder of space in my partition, thus rendering my VM and my host OS inoperable. In both cases the drive from inside the guest OS wasn't more than about 70% full, but the actual vdi. Even now, in my current configuration, I have Windows 7 running as a guest OS in openSUSE linux. Inside of windows, I am only using 40GB of space on the vdi, which is set to be an 80gb drive. However, on the outside, the vdi takes up 92 gb of storage on my hard drive, which is more than double the actual usage.

I need to see how the fixed vdi performs in that sort of situation. It would be far better to do it by converting my dynamic vdi to a fixed vdi, and using the same guest OS, rather than reinstalling my guest OS in a new vdi, which would require a much more involved process, more bandwidth (which I don't have) to download all the guest OS security updates, and significantly more time.

Anyway, I hope someone may have some ideas on how to do this. Thanks in advance if you do.
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Post by mpack »

SChinaSeaTribe wrote:I have read both sides - some say there is and some say there isn't.
Do you have an authoritative source for the "fixed has a performance advantage" side? E.g. An experienced user from this site, or even better a dev?

I assume not, since the two formats are identical, so there can't possibly be an inherent performance advantage. The only technical difference concerns when the blocks are allocated (up front, or only as needed - this choice having zero effect on performance) and the only performance difference comes from user habits, i.e. users tend to underestimate how big a fixed size drive needs to be, so they make it too small, resulting in guest OS congestion and poor performance when using fixed size disks. Users aren't so coy when creating dynamic disks, since they assume it will never grow bigger than needed.

Then you get the real loons who believe that a virtual drive is somehow less virtual if all the blocks are preallocated. Those guys are probably confusing raw disks with fixed size disks, but raw disks are a whole other story (summary: nope, they have no performance advantage either).

The only rational argument in favor of a fixed disk performance advantage is based on the assumption that dynamic VDIs will be fragmented. This argument assumes several facts without evidence: (1) that seek time matters (it doesn't on SSDs for example), (2) and that fixed size drives are not fragmented - whereas it seems to me intuitively obvious that a humungous file is more likely to be fragmented than a small one. Finally, if we assume that fragmentation has occured then a host defrag tool works with both types.

So really, the only reliable performance difference comes from that user habit I mentioned, and argues in favor of dynamic allocation.

Btw, the answer to the original question is: you can't. You can't convert a dynamic VDI to a fixed size one without cloning, and cloning using VBoxManage will always change the UUID.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

SChinaSeaTribe wrote:However, the dynamic vdi does have a distinct disadvantage that I have experienced, on multiple occasions, and that is that it grows in size significantly beyond the actual disk usage in the guest machine.
But it still is going to be less than or equal to a fixed disk of the same capacity.
SChinaSeaTribe wrote:Inside of windows, I am only using 40GB of space on the vdi, which is set to be an 80gb drive. However, on the outside, the vdi takes up 92 gb of storage on my hard drive
No. A dynamic disk will NEVER grow more than it's allocated logical size. So, if you set your VDI to 80 GB, it will never grow to be 92 GB. I would like to see some evidence for that claim. More specifically post the output of:
  • VBoxManage showmediuminfo <Your_VDI_path>
and check the "Capacity" and the "Size on disk" values.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
mpack
Site Moderator

Post by mpack »

socratis wrote:
SChinaSeaTribe wrote:Inside of windows, I am only using 40GB of space on the vdi, which is set to be an 80gb drive. However, on the outside, the vdi takes up 92 gb of storage on my hard drive
No. A dynamic disk will NEVER grow more than it's allocated logical size.
+1.

In my experience, someone who says this does not understand how their own guest's filesystem is organized. They are looking at the capacity of one partition inside the guest, and seeing that the VDI is larger than that. They forget that disks may contain more than one partition. I had one user tell me that partitions are a thing of the past...

Usually it's a Linux guest and they forgot the swap partition. Ironically the same people who trip over this also trip over the fixed disk fallacy. The create a ridiculously undersized disk, say 8GB - because they worry about the size of fixed sized disks - then they discover that only 4GB of that is usable. Is this a VirtualBox bug they ask? No, it's a natural consequence of an Ubuntu install reserving a swap partition which is some small multiple of the guest RAM size.
SChinaSeaTribe

Post by SChinaSeaTribe »

Hmm, ok, it is good to get answers... those of you who have a significant amount of knowledge on this often have to deal with folks like me, who have just enough knowledge to get ourselves in trouble... In any case, here is what I was talking about.

I set up an 80gb vdi some time ago, and here is the data on it:

> VBoxManage showmediuminfo /home/george/VirtualBox\ VMs/Windows/Win2015su.vdi 
UUID:           88c39387-e94e-4e89-8c97-a91c96bbf9e7
Parent UUID:    base
State:          created
Type:           normal (base)
Storage format: VDI
Format variant: dynamic default
Capacity:       81920 MBytes
Size on disk:   44584 MBytes
Encryption:     disabled
In use by VMs:  Windows (UUID: a5a63a70-4fca-4c8a-bc65-bd301e652762) [NowOnLEAP42.1 (UUID: c664e3a2-0861-467f-9db4-4e60d6f1bcf1)]
Child UUIDs:    a1a28943-4545-484c-97fb-3b36e8eaedde
                0181ed0f-dd26-4f01-be8d-38d2d3b97fb3

So, as you rightly pointed out, the vdi is nowhere near exceeding the 80gb capacity in which I set it up.

However, as you can see below, the overall storage being taken up by this machine, is 94gb (not 92, as I stated earlier).

~/VirtualBox VMs> du -d 1 -h
94G	./Windows
94G	.
This you can see is made up of the main vdi for the operating system, along with 2 snapshots:

~/VirtualBox VMs/Windows> ls -l -h
total 44G
drwxr-xr-x 2 george users 4.0K Jun 18 07:39 Logs
drwxr-xr-x 2 george users 4.0K Jun  1  2016 Snapshots
-rw-r--r-- 1 george users 3.8K May 27  2016 vboxzip.zip
-rw------- 1 george users  44G Jun 15 15:32 Win2015su.vdi
-rw------- 1 george users  17K Jun 18 07:42 Windows.vbox
-rw------- 1 george users  17K Jun 18 07:39 Windows.vbox-prev

~/VirtualBox VMs/Windows/Snapshots> ls -h -l
total 50G
-rw------- 1 george users 28G Jun 18 07:41 {0181ed0f-dd26-4f01-be8d-38d2d3b97fb3}.vdi
-rw------- 1 george users 23G May 16  2016 {a1a28943-4545-484c-97fb-3b36e8eaedde}.vdi
So really, my overall storage use due to this VM has grown to more than the original 80gb which I was intending it for, and it is more than double the 44gb of hd space which is being currently used inside of Windows (my guest OS).

What would be your suggestions? Do I need to eliminate the snapshots? I kind of like having those as significant restore points, easier to restore than using windows restore, but I suppose I can get rid of them if I need to. If I eliminate the snapshots, is it really likely to eliminate the 50gb of storage being occupied by those snapshots?
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

SChinaSeaTribe wrote:those of you who have a significant amount of knowledge on this often have to deal with folks like me, who have just enough knowledge to get ourselves in trouble
Actually, your case is the simple one because you've sought advice from where you could get some educated answers. The worst ones are half-understanding bloggers that spread half-understood information propagating the misunderstanding. Understandable I hope ;)
SChinaSeaTribe wrote:I kind of like having those as significant restore points, easier to restore than using windows restore
Snapshots of course come at a price. They are not your restore points like Windows defines them, they are "patch" files at the sector level. So, let's say you keep working on a project in the VM; you create, modify, delete files (i.e. "sectors" in your virtual hard drive). Those are going to keep piling up, without actually having made any major (or minor) modifications to the system itself. The more you keep using your VM, the bigger the snapshot. Theoretically, but almost never, up to the maximum VDI size. It does absolutely nothing to your guest OS capability of restoring itself...
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
mpack
Site Moderator

Post by mpack »

SChinaSeaTribe wrote:So really, my overall storage use due to this VM has grown to more than the original 80gb which I was intending it for
Well of course. Each snapshot has the potential to grow to 80GB in your case, since it has to be able to record a complete VM state. If you don't want this then don't use snapshots: use proper backups to secondary storage as your "restore points".

It would have been nice if snapshots was mentioned earlier, since snapshots and fixed size are mutually contradictory, so I would never have assumed their use. If you use a fixed size base plus snapshots (which are dynamic by their nature) then it makes your storage problem worse.

Your solution: dump snapshots.
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

mpack wrote:If you use a fixed size base plus snapshots (which are dynamic by their nature) then it makes your storage problem worse.
That's right, I completely forgot about that one. So, SChinaSeaTribe, if your VM is occupying 44+28+23 GB, if you switched your base VDI to fixed it would occupy 80+28+23 GB.

Not to mention the utter and complete mess that you'd find yourself in with the UUIDs of the snapshot VDIs...
SChinaSeaTribe

Post by SChinaSeaTribe »

Ok, so I went to delete the snapshots, and first thing I noticed is that only one snapshot is listed. I clicked on it to delete the snapshot, and I got this error:

Failed to delete the snapshot NowOnLEAP42.1 of the virtual machine Windows.

Hard disk '/home/george/VirtualBox VMs/Windows/Win2015su.vdi' has more than one child hard disk (2).

Result Code: NS_ERROR_FAILURE (0x80004005)
Component: SessionMachine
Interface: IMachine {b2547866-a0a1-4391-8b86-6952d82efaa0}

What do I do now?

Here is the VirtualBox.xml, if that helps in figuring this out:

~/.config/VirtualBox> cat VirtualBox.xml
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!--
** DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE.
** If you make changes to this file while any VirtualBox related application
** is running, your changes will be overwritten later, without taking effect.
** Use VBoxManage or the VirtualBox Manager GUI to make changes.
-->
<VirtualBox xmlns="http://www.virtualbox.org/" version="1.12-linux">
  <Global>
    <ExtraData>
      <ExtraDataItem name="GUI/DetailsPageBoxes" value="general,system,preview,display,storage,audio,network,usb,sharedFolders,description"/>
      <ExtraDataItem name="GUI/GroupDefinitions/" value="m=a5a63a70-4fca-4c8a-bc65-bd301e652762"/>
      <ExtraDataItem name="GUI/LastItemSelected" value="m=Windows"/>
      <ExtraDataItem name="GUI/LastWindowPosition" value="782,187,770,550"/>
      <ExtraDataItem name="GUI/RecentFolderCD" value="/home/george/Downloads/AASyncToDell/gparted"/>
      <ExtraDataItem name="GUI/RecentFolderHD" value="/mounters/virtmach/virtmach/Windows"/>
      <ExtraDataItem name="GUI/RecentListCD" value="/home/george/Downloads/AASyncToDell/gparted/gparted-live-0.25.0-3-amd64.iso,/home/george/Downloads/AASyncToDell/CloneZilla/clonezilla-live-2.5.0-25-amd64.iso"/>
      <ExtraDataItem name="GUI/RecentListHD" value="/mounters/virtmach/virtmach/Windows/Win2015su.vdi,/home/george/VirtualBox VMs/Windows/Win2015su.vdi"/>
      <ExtraDataItem name="GUI/SplitterSizes" value="217,547"/>
      <ExtraDataItem name="GUI/SuppressMessages" value="remindAboutAutoCapture,remindAboutMouseIntegration,confirmGoingFullscreen"/>
      <ExtraDataItem name="GUI/UpdateCheckCount" value="4"/>
      <ExtraDataItem name="GUI/UpdateDate" value="1 d, 2017-06-24, stable, 5.1.22"/>
    </ExtraData>
    <MachineRegistry>
      <MachineEntry uuid="{a5a63a70-4fca-4c8a-bc65-bd301e652762}" src="/home/george/VirtualBox VMs/Windows/Windows.vbox"/>
    </MachineRegistry>
    <NetserviceRegistry>
      <DHCPServers>
        <DHCPServer networkName="HostInterfaceNetworking-vboxnet0" IPAddress="192.168.56.100" networkMask="255.255.255.0" lowerIP="192.168.56.101" upperIP="192.168.56.254" enabled="1"/>
      </DHCPServers>
    </NetserviceRegistry>
    <SystemProperties defaultMachineFolder="/home/george/VirtualBox VMs" defaultHardDiskFormat="VDI" VRDEAuthLibrary="VBoxAuth" webServiceAuthLibrary="VBoxAuth" LogHistoryCount="3" exclusiveHwVirt="true"/>
    <USBDeviceFilters/>
  </Global>
</VirtualBox>
mpack
Site Moderator

Post by mpack »

VirtualBox.xml has nothing to do with VM media. It's the .vbox file we'd need to see.
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

Please do as mpack instructed you to, but taking a pic from the manual (ch. 1.10. Snapshots):
you cannot delete snapshots "SP2" or "SP3". Read again the message and see why you can't. The snapshots IE6 and IE7 depend on SP2 and snapshots IE7, IE8, IE9 and current, depend on SP3.
SChinaSeaTribe

Post by SChinaSeaTribe »

Ok, thanks for your help. Here is the Windows.vbox file:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!--
** DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE.
** If you make changes to this file while any VirtualBox related application
** is running, your changes will be overwritten later, without taking effect.
** Use VBoxManage or the VirtualBox Manager GUI to make changes.
-->
<VirtualBox xmlns="http://www.virtualbox.org/" version="1.14-linux">
  <Machine uuid="{a5a63a70-4fca-4c8a-bc65-bd301e652762}" name="Windows" OSType="Windows7_64" currentSnapshot="{c664e3a2-0861-467f-9db4-4e60d6f1bcf1}" snapshotFolder="Snapshots" lastStateChange="2017-06-23T17:58:43Z">
    <MediaRegistry>
      <HardDisks>
        <HardDisk uuid="{88c39387-e94e-4e89-8c97-a91c96bbf9e7}" location="Win2015su.vdi" format="VDI" type="Normal">
          <HardDisk uuid="{a1a28943-4545-484c-97fb-3b36e8eaedde}" location="Snapshots/{a1a28943-4545-484c-97fb-3b36e8eaedde}.vdi" format="VDI"/>
          <HardDisk uuid="{0181ed0f-dd26-4f01-be8d-38d2d3b97fb3}" location="Snapshots/{0181ed0f-dd26-4f01-be8d-38d2d3b97fb3}.vdi" format="VDI"/>
        </HardDisk>
      </HardDisks>
      <DVDImages>
        <Image uuid="{169d81c2-4b8e-4d7e-81c1-b9872b84aa55}" location="/usr/share/virtualbox/VBoxGuestAdditions.iso"/>
      </DVDImages>
    </MediaRegistry>
    <ExtraData>
      <ExtraDataItem name="GUI/Fullscreen" value="true"/>
      <ExtraDataItem name="GUI/InformationWindowGeometry" value="660,315,600,450"/>
      <ExtraDataItem name="GUI/LastCloseAction" value="SaveState"/>
      <ExtraDataItem name="GUI/LastGuestSizeHint" value="1920,938"/>
      <ExtraDataItem name="GUI/LastGuestSizeHintWasFullscreen" value="true"/>
      <ExtraDataItem name="GUI/LastNormalWindowPosition" value="640,226,960,432,max"/>
      <ExtraDataItem name="GUI/RestrictedRuntimeDevicesMenuActions" value="HardDrives"/>
      <ExtraDataItem name="GUI/RestrictedRuntimeMachineMenuActions" value="SaveState,PowerOff"/>
      <ExtraDataItem name="GUI/SaveMountedAtRuntime" value="yes"/>
      <ExtraDataItem name="GUI/StatusBar/IndicatorOrder" value="HardDisks,OpticalDisks,FloppyDisks,Network,USB,SharedFolders,Display,VideoCapture,Features,Mouse,Keyboard"/>
    </ExtraData>
    <Snapshot uuid="{c664e3a2-0861-467f-9db4-4e60d6f1bcf1}" name="NowOnLEAP42.1" timeStamp="2016-01-03T05:48:29Z" stateFile="Snapshots/2016-01-03T05-48-29-539865000Z.sav">
      <Description>Just installed VirtualBox on Leap 42.1, and this is the first time opening the Windows VM on that system</Description>
      <Hardware>
        <CPU count="4">
          <PAE enabled="false"/>
          <LongMode enabled="true"/>
          <HardwareVirtExLargePages enabled="false"/>
        </CPU>
        <Memory RAMSize="8192"/>
        <HID Pointing="USBTablet"/>
        <Display VRAMSize="32"/>
        <RemoteDisplay enabled="false">
          <VRDEProperties>
            <Property name="TCP/Ports" value="3389"/>
          </VRDEProperties>
        </RemoteDisplay>
        <BIOS>
          <IOAPIC enabled="true"/>
        </BIOS>
        <USB>
          <Controllers>
            <Controller name="OHCI" type="OHCI"/>
            <Controller name="EHCI" type="EHCI"/>
          </Controllers>
        </USB>
        <Network>
          <Adapter slot="0" enabled="true" MACAddress="080027E50C47" cable="true" type="82540EM">
            <DisabledModes>
              <InternalNetwork name="intnet"/>
              <NATNetwork name="NatNetwork"/>
            </DisabledModes>
            <NAT/>
          </Adapter>
          <Adapter slot="1" MACAddress="0800279FCD65" cable="true" type="82540EM"/>
          <Adapter slot="2" MACAddress="0800271EBFBE" cable="true" type="82540EM"/>
          <Adapter slot="3" MACAddress="0800275C4523" cable="true" type="82540EM"/>
          <Adapter slot="4" MACAddress="0800278CC8E0" cable="true" type="82540EM"/>
          <Adapter slot="5" MACAddress="080027EC7E2C" cable="true" type="82540EM"/>
          <Adapter slot="6" MACAddress="080027488EE0" cable="true" type="82540EM"/>
          <Adapter slot="7" MACAddress="08002761C67B" cable="true" type="82540EM"/>
        </Network>
        <LPT>
          <Port slot="1" enabled="false" IOBase="0x378" IRQ="7"/>
        </LPT>
        <AudioAdapter driver="Pulse" enabled="true"/>
        <SharedFolders>
          <SharedFolder name="PassToVM" hostPath="/home/george/PassToVM" writable="true" autoMount="true"/>
        </SharedFolders>
        <Clipboard mode="Bidirectional"/>
        <DragAndDrop mode="Bidirectional"/>
        <GuestProperties>
          <GuestProperty name="/VirtualBox/GuestAdd/Components/VBoxControl.exe" value="5.0.10r104061" timestamp="1451799747538656000" flags=""/>
          <GuestProperty name="/VirtualBox/GuestAdd/Components/VBoxCredProv.dll" value="-" timestamp="1451799747670865000" flags=""/>
          <GuestProperty name="/VirtualBox/GuestAdd/Components/VBoxDisp.dll" value="5.0.10r104061" timestamp="1451799747561177000" flags=""/>
          <GuestProperty name="/VirtualBox/GuestAdd/Components/VBoxGINA.dll" value="-" timestamp="1451799747670622000" flags=""/>
          <GuestProperty name="/VirtualBox/GuestAdd/Components/VBoxGuest.sys" value="5.0.10r104061" timestamp="1451799749472811000" flags=""/>
          <GuestProperty name="/VirtualBox/GuestAdd/Components/VBoxHook.dll" value="5.0.10r104061" timestamp="1451799747560728000" flags=""/>
          <GuestProperty name="/VirtualBox/GuestAdd/Components/VBoxMMR.exe" value="-" timestamp="1438071596693017000" flags=""/>
          <GuestProperty name="/VirtualBox/GuestAdd/Components/VBoxMMRHook.dll" value="-" timestamp="1438071596693378000" flags=""/>
          <GuestProperty name="/VirtualBox/GuestAdd/Components/VBoxMRXNP.dll" value="5.0.10r104061" timestamp="1451799747670339000" flags=""/>
          <GuestProperty name="/VirtualBox/GuestAdd/Components/VBoxMouse.sys" value="5.0.10r104061" timestamp="1451799749473269000" flags=""/>
          <GuestProperty name="/VirtualBox/GuestAdd/Components/VBoxOGL.dll" value="5.0.10r104061" timestamp="1451799749470991000" flags=""/>
          <GuestProperty name="/VirtualBox/GuestAdd/Components/VBoxOGLarrayspu.dll" value="5.0.10r104061" timestamp="1451799749337579000" flags=""/>
          <GuestProperty name="/VirtualBox/GuestAdd/Components/VBoxOGLcrutil.dll" value="5.0.10r104061" timestamp="1451799749374828000" flags=""/>
          <GuestProperty name="/VirtualBox/GuestAdd/Components/VBoxOGLerrorspu.dll" value="5.0.10r104061" timestamp="1451799749382507000" flags=""/>
          <GuestProperty name="/VirtualBox/GuestAdd/Components/VBoxOGLfeedbackspu.dll" value="5.0.10r104061" timestamp="1451799749444495000" flags=""/>
          <GuestProperty name="/VirtualBox/GuestAdd/Components/VBoxOGLpackspu.dll" value="5.0.10r104061" timestamp="1451799749416158000" flags=""/>
          <GuestProperty name="/VirtualBox/GuestAdd/Components/VBoxOGLpassthroughspu.dll" value="5.0.10r104061" timestamp="1451799749418979000" flags=""/>
          <GuestProperty name="/VirtualBox/GuestAdd/Components/VBoxSF.sys" value="5.0.10r104061" timestamp="1451799749473705000" flags=""/>
          <GuestProperty name="/VirtualBox/GuestAdd/Components/VBoxService.exe" value="5.0.10r104061" timestamp="1451799747625328000" flags=""/>
          <GuestProperty name="/VirtualBox/GuestAdd/Components/VBoxTray.exe" value="5.0.10r104061" timestamp="1451799747625033000" flags=""/>
          <GuestProperty name="/VirtualBox/GuestAdd/Components/VBoxVideo.sys" value="5.0.10r104061" timestamp="1451799749474140000" flags=""/>
          <GuestProperty name="/VirtualBox/GuestAdd/HostVerLastChecked" value="5.0.10" timestamp="1451799773160146000" flags=""/>
          <GuestProperty name="/VirtualBox/GuestAdd/InstallDir" value="C:/Program Files/Oracle/VirtualBox Guest Additions" timestamp="1451799747426623000" flags=""/>
          <GuestProperty name="/VirtualBox/GuestAdd/Revision" value="104061" timestamp="1451799747426494000" flags=""/>
          <GuestProperty name="/VirtualBox/GuestAdd/Version" value="5.0.10" timestamp="1451799747426248000" flags=""/>
          <GuestProperty name="/VirtualBox/GuestAdd/VersionExt" value="5.0.10" timestamp="1451799747426368000" flags=""/>
          <GuestProperty name="/VirtualBox/GuestInfo/Net/0/MAC" value="080027E50C47" timestamp="1451799750735207000" flags=""/>
          <GuestProperty name="/VirtualBox/GuestInfo/Net/0/Status" value="Up" timestamp="1451799750735065000" flags=""/>
          <GuestProperty name="/VirtualBox/GuestInfo/Net/0/V4/Broadcast" value="255.255.255.255" timestamp="1451799750734773000" flags=""/>
          <GuestProperty name="/VirtualBox/GuestInfo/Net/0/V4/IP" value="10.0.2.15" timestamp="1451799758333300000" flags=""/>
          <GuestProperty name="/VirtualBox/GuestInfo/Net/0/V4/Netmask" value="255.255.255.0" timestamp="1451799758333458000" flags=""/>
          <GuestProperty name="/VirtualBox/GuestInfo/Net/Count" value="1" timestamp="1451800106191171000" flags=""/>
          <GuestProperty name="/VirtualBox/GuestInfo/OS/Product" value="Windows 7" timestamp="1451799747425759000" flags=""/>
          <GuestProperty name="/VirtualBox/GuestInfo/OS/Release" value="6.1.7601" timestamp="1451799747425888000" flags=""/>
          <GuestProperty name="/VirtualBox/GuestInfo/OS/ServicePack" value="1" timestamp="1451799747426086000" flags=""/>
          <GuestProperty name="/VirtualBox/HostInfo/GUI/LanguageID" value="en_US" timestamp="1451800035710657000" flags=""/>
        </GuestProperties>
      </Hardware>
      <StorageControllers>
        <StorageController name="IDE" type="PIIX4" PortCount="2" useHostIOCache="true" Bootable="true">
          <AttachedDevice type="HardDisk" port="0" device="0">
            <Image uuid="{88c39387-e94e-4e89-8c97-a91c96bbf9e7}"/>
          </AttachedDevice>
          <AttachedDevice passthrough="false" type="DVD" port="1" device="0">
            <Image uuid="{169d81c2-4b8e-4d7e-81c1-b9872b84aa55}"/>
          </AttachedDevice>
        </StorageController>
      </StorageControllers>
    </Snapshot>
    <Hardware>
      <CPU count="2">
        <PAE enabled="false"/>
        <LongMode enabled="true"/>
        <HardwareVirtExLargePages enabled="false"/>
      </CPU>
      <Memory RAMSize="4096"/>
      <HID Pointing="USBTablet"/>
      <Display VRAMSize="32"/>
      <RemoteDisplay enabled="false">
        <VRDEProperties>
          <Property name="TCP/Ports" value="3389"/>
        </VRDEProperties>
      </RemoteDisplay>
      <BIOS>
        <IOAPIC enabled="true"/>
      </BIOS>
      <USB>
        <Controllers>
          <Controller name="OHCI" type="OHCI"/>
          <Controller name="EHCI" type="EHCI"/>
        </Controllers>
      </USB>
      <Network>
        <Adapter slot="0" enabled="true" MACAddress="080027E50C47" cable="true" type="82540EM">
          <DisabledModes>
            <InternalNetwork name="intnet"/>
            <NATNetwork name="NatNetwork"/>
          </DisabledModes>
          <NAT/>
        </Adapter>
        <Adapter slot="1" MACAddress="0800279FCD65" cable="true" type="82540EM"/>
        <Adapter slot="2" MACAddress="0800271EBFBE" cable="true" type="82540EM"/>
        <Adapter slot="3" MACAddress="0800275C4523" cable="true" type="82540EM"/>
        <Adapter slot="4" MACAddress="0800278CC8E0" cable="true" type="82540EM"/>
        <Adapter slot="5" MACAddress="080027EC7E2C" cable="true" type="82540EM"/>
        <Adapter slot="6" MACAddress="080027488EE0" cable="true" type="82540EM"/>
        <Adapter slot="7" MACAddress="08002761C67B" cable="true" type="82540EM"/>
      </Network>
      <LPT>
        <Port slot="1" enabled="false" IOBase="0x378" IRQ="7"/>
      </LPT>
      <AudioAdapter driver="Pulse" enabled="true"/>
      <SharedFolders>
        <SharedFolder name="PassToVM" hostPath="/home/george/PassToVM" writable="true" autoMount="true"/>
      </SharedFolders>
      <Clipboard mode="Bidirectional"/>
      <DragAndDrop mode="Bidirectional"/>
      <GuestProperties>
        <GuestProperty name="/VirtualBox/GuestAdd/Components/VBoxControl.exe" value="5.1.22r115126" timestamp="1498234435229812000" flags=""/>
        <GuestProperty name="/VirtualBox/GuestAdd/Components/VBoxCredProv.dll" value="-" timestamp="1498234435244267000" flags=""/>
        <GuestProperty name="/VirtualBox/GuestAdd/Components/VBoxDisp.dll" value="5.1.22r115126" timestamp="1498234435234138000" flags=""/>
        <GuestProperty name="/VirtualBox/GuestAdd/Components/VBoxGINA.dll" value="-" timestamp="1498234435243931000" flags=""/>
        <GuestProperty name="/VirtualBox/GuestAdd/Components/VBoxGuest.sys" value="5.1.22r115126" timestamp="1498234435267767000" flags=""/>
        <GuestProperty name="/VirtualBox/GuestAdd/Components/VBoxHook.dll" value="5.1.22r115126" timestamp="1498234435233112000" flags=""/>
        <GuestProperty name="/VirtualBox/GuestAdd/Components/VBoxMMR.exe" value="-" timestamp="1438071596693017000" flags=""/>
        <GuestProperty name="/VirtualBox/GuestAdd/Components/VBoxMMRHook.dll" value="-" timestamp="1438071596693378000" flags=""/>
        <GuestProperty name="/VirtualBox/GuestAdd/Components/VBoxMRXNP.dll" value="5.1.22r115126" timestamp="1498234435243521000" flags=""/>
        <GuestProperty name="/VirtualBox/GuestAdd/Components/VBoxMouse.sys" value="5.1.22r115126" timestamp="1498234435268426000" flags=""/>
        <GuestProperty name="/VirtualBox/GuestAdd/Components/VBoxOGL.dll" value="5.1.22r115126" timestamp="1498234435265024000" flags=""/>
        <GuestProperty name="/VirtualBox/GuestAdd/Components/VBoxOGLarrayspu.dll" value="5.1.22r115126" timestamp="1498234435246949000" flags=""/>
        <GuestProperty name="/VirtualBox/GuestAdd/Components/VBoxOGLcrutil.dll" value="5.1.22r115126" timestamp="1498234435249968000" flags=""/>
        <GuestProperty name="/VirtualBox/GuestAdd/Components/VBoxOGLerrorspu.dll" value="5.1.22r115126" timestamp="1498234435252544000" flags=""/>
        <GuestProperty name="/VirtualBox/GuestAdd/Components/VBoxOGLfeedbackspu.dll" value="5.1.22r115126" timestamp="1498234435260938000" flags=""/>
        <GuestProperty name="/VirtualBox/GuestAdd/Components/VBoxOGLpackspu.dll" value="5.1.22r115126" timestamp="1498234435255830000" flags=""/>
        <GuestProperty name="/VirtualBox/GuestAdd/Components/VBoxOGLpassthroughspu.dll" value="5.1.22r115126" timestamp="1498234435258004000" flags=""/>
        <GuestProperty name="/VirtualBox/GuestAdd/Components/VBoxSF.sys" value="5.1.22r115126" timestamp="1498234435269176000" flags=""/>
        <GuestProperty name="/VirtualBox/GuestAdd/Components/VBoxService.exe" value="5.1.22r115126" timestamp="1498234435238203000" flags=""/>
        <GuestProperty name="/VirtualBox/GuestAdd/Components/VBoxTray.exe" value="5.1.22r115126" timestamp="1498234435237739000" flags=""/>
        <GuestProperty name="/VirtualBox/GuestAdd/Components/VBoxVideo.sys" value="5.1.22r115126" timestamp="1498234435269845000" flags=""/>
        <GuestProperty name="/VirtualBox/GuestAdd/HostVerLastChecked" value="5.1.22" timestamp="1498234452288060000" flags=""/>
        <GuestProperty name="/VirtualBox/GuestAdd/InstallDir" value="C:/Program Files/Oracle/VirtualBox Guest Additions" timestamp="1498234435223230000" flags=""/>
        <GuestProperty name="/VirtualBox/GuestAdd/Revision" value="115126" timestamp="1498234435222853000" flags=""/>
        <GuestProperty name="/VirtualBox/GuestAdd/Version" value="5.1.22" timestamp="1498234435222153000" flags=""/>
        <GuestProperty name="/VirtualBox/GuestAdd/VersionExt" value="5.1.22" timestamp="1498234435222442000" flags=""/>
        <GuestProperty name="/VirtualBox/GuestInfo/Net/0/MAC" value="080027E50C47" timestamp="1498234445692413000" flags=""/>
        <GuestProperty name="/VirtualBox/GuestInfo/Net/0/Status" value="Up" timestamp="1498234445692087000" flags=""/>
        <GuestProperty name="/VirtualBox/GuestInfo/Net/0/V4/Broadcast" value="255.255.255.255" timestamp="1498234445691750000" flags=""/>
        <GuestProperty name="/VirtualBox/GuestInfo/Net/0/V4/IP" value="10.0.2.15" timestamp="1498234445691264000" flags=""/>
        <GuestProperty name="/VirtualBox/GuestInfo/Net/0/V4/Netmask" value="255.255.255.0" timestamp="1498234445691860000" flags=""/>
        <GuestProperty name="/VirtualBox/GuestInfo/Net/Count" value="1" timestamp="1498240287527718000" flags=""/>
        <GuestProperty name="/VirtualBox/GuestInfo/OS/Product" value="Windows 7" timestamp="1498234435220696000" flags=""/>
        <GuestProperty name="/VirtualBox/GuestInfo/OS/Release" value="6.1.7601" timestamp="1498234435221119000" flags=""/>
        <GuestProperty name="/VirtualBox/GuestInfo/OS/ServicePack" value="1" timestamp="1498234435221646000" flags=""/>
        <GuestProperty name="/VirtualBox/HostInfo/GUI/LanguageID" value="en_US" timestamp="1498240290260707000" flags=""/>
      </GuestProperties>
    </Hardware>
    <StorageControllers>
      <StorageController name="IDE" type="PIIX4" PortCount="2" useHostIOCache="true" Bootable="true">
        <AttachedDevice type="HardDisk" port="0" device="0">
          <Image uuid="{0181ed0f-dd26-4f01-be8d-38d2d3b97fb3}"/>
        </AttachedDevice>
        <AttachedDevice passthrough="false" type="DVD" port="1" device="0">
          <Image uuid="{169d81c2-4b8e-4d7e-81c1-b9872b84aa55}"/>
        </AttachedDevice>
      </StorageController>
    </StorageControllers>
  </Machine>
</VirtualBox>
SChinaSeaTribe

Post by SChinaSeaTribe »

And I uploaded the image file of the screenshot as an attachment.
Attachments
snapshots
snapshots
Screenshot from 2017-06-26 10-28-17.png (68.57 KiB) Viewed 7714 times