Can't reach VM IP

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
Snofkin

Can't reach VM IP

Post by Snofkin »

Hi,

I have downloaded VirtualBox in order to download Home Assistant.

I have opened a VM and everything looks good, except when trying to enter my IP address, I get a "Page not found" message.

Just so you know, I have done the same thing with my main computer, and it worked perfectly.

Another important piece of knowledge is that the computer is relatively old (around 9 yrs old)

If there's more info I get give you or if you have any idea I would love to try out any solution.

Thanks a lot!
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Re: Can't reach VM IP

Post by scottgus1 »

Please provide these 4 things:

1. Please right-click the guest in the main Virtualbox window's guest list, choose "Show in Explorer/Finder/File Manager". In the window that opens, zip the guest's .vbox file, and post the zip file, using the forum's Upload Attachment tab.

2. Start the guest from full power off, not save-state. Run until you see the problem happen, then shut down the guest from within the guest OS if possible. If not possible, close the Virtualbox window for the guest with the Power Off option set.

Please right-click the guest in the main Virtualbox window's guest list, choose Show Log. Save the far left tab's log, zip the log file, and post the zip file, using the forum's Upload Attachment tab.

3. Inside the host OS's command window, run 'ipconfig /all' and post the text output here on the forum.

4. Inside the guest OS (which I assume is Linux so it can be distributable) open the terminal window and run 'ip address'. Post the text output here on the forum.