Guru meditation

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
mt1inphxaz@gmail.com

Guru meditation

Post by mt1inphxaz@gmail.com »

Trying to run ME on Windows 10. Windows ME is almost installed on the virtual drive. When I try to complete the instillation booting to the virtual drive I get Guru.
I can boot from the installation CD and navigate to the C: drive. Windows files are there. It just will not boot from the Virtual drive.
I have searched through other posts. Even tried some of the fixes. Nothing worked so far.
Any help would be appreciated.
Mitch
Attachments
VBox.png
VBox.png (958 Bytes) Viewed 598 times
mt1inphxaz@gmail.com

Re: Guru meditation

Not sure attachments sent 1st time
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Post by scottgus1 »

Start the guest from full power off, not save-state. Run until you see the problem happen, then shut down the guest from within the guest OS if possible. If not possible, close the Virtualbox window for the guest with the Power Off option set.

Please right-click the guest in the main Virtualbox window's guest list, choose Show Log. Save the far left tab's log, zip the log file, and post the zip file, using the forum's Upload Attachment tab.
mt1inphxaz@gmail.com

Here is the zipped log file
Attachments
singer WinME-2020-09-23-19-32-51.zip
(55.98 KiB) Downloaded 6 times
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Post by scottgus1 »

The guest guru-meditates on a triple fault, which means something is so wrong that Virtualbox doesn't know what to do. It meditates within ten seconds of booting from the guest's hard disk, so perhaps something in the guest configuration is wrong. The last logged event is turning the guest monitor off.

Windows ME was back before PCs had much RAM or multiple processors. You have 2 guest processors on a two-hyperthreaded-processor host, 2.9GB guest RAM with 3.1GB host RAM available, 120MB video RAM, and 3D acceleration enabled.

I'd recommend 1 processor, 256MB regular RAM, 32MB video RAM, no 3D acceleration (since 3D requires Guest Additions, which don't exist for ME, and doesn't work for anything pre-Windows-7 on 6.1.x).

Try these changes and reinstall from scratch.