VM stuck on white underscore after loading OS

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
lcastrocv

VM stuck on white underscore after loading OS

Post by lcastrocv »

My VM started to freeze at a black screen with a single white underscore on the top left after shutting it down. I was using it normally, after recovering from a Saved state, and when I restarted it by turning it off and on again it started freezing after Ubuntu load on that screen.

I have attached the machine log file with this post split into two separate files since I can't upload over 128kb. If possible, I'd like to seek help to know why this might be happening. I have also searched on the forums and tried other solutions to no avail.

My Hyper-V is currently disabled and I also checked on Window's features to see if anything else that might be ON might be messing with the VM (like Containers), and everything related is turned off.

I am currently using VirtualBox version 6.1.10 r138449. Thank you for the help!
Attachments
VBoxlog2.txt
(97.09 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
VBOxlog1.txt
(78.33 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Re: VM stuck on white underscore after loading OS

Post by scottgus1 »

00:00:02.454827 supR3HardenedErrorV: supR3HardenedScreenImage/LdrLoadDll: rc=VERR_CR_X509_CPV_NOT_VALID_AT_TIME fImage=1 fProtect=0x0 fAccess=0x0 \Device\HarddiskVolume6\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_e92a0ac2e05fb2ca\
nvldumdx.dll: Certificate is not valid
A new Nvidia driver version for your host video was put out with a file that has a portion of its security signature missing/inaccurate. Details differ on where the problem lies in Nvidia's or Oracle's code or both.

Workarounds:
Downgrade host video drivers to the drivers you had before or try more recent but not latest drivers.
Turn off 3D acceleration in the guests.

Forum guru 'fth0' suggests version 446.14 viewtopic.php?f=6&t=99708&p=484144#p484144