Referenced Error whenever I use my macOS guest VM

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
Xscissor101

Referenced Error whenever I use my macOS guest VM

Post by Xscissor101 »

Hey there. If anyone here can respond, please help me out with something. So I've been trying to get to my macOS guest client and everytime I boot. It always shows this error message and I don't know how to troubleshoot it. I've attached a log of the incident reported and a screenshot of what Windows reports me. **I'll send the Vbox Log in another comment**
Attachments
Error.PNG
Error.PNG (7.76 KiB) Viewed 1120 times
Last edited by Xscissor101 on 23. Jul 2020, 01:07, edited 1 time in total.
Xscissor101

Re: Referenced Error whenever I use my macOS guest OS

Post by Xscissor101 »

An updated version with the full log file. Couldn't get it working the first time. Help me to troubleshoot it or tell me where to post this forum inquiry. Thanks!
Attachments
VBox.zip
(33 KiB) Downloaded 6 times
Last edited by Xscissor101 on 23. Jul 2020, 00:08, edited 1 time in total.
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Post by mpack »

Partial logs are not useful to us. Please provide a complete VM log file. With the VM fully shut down, right click it in the GUI. Select "Show Log" and save "VBox.log" (no other file) to a zip file. Attach the zip here.
towo2099
Volunteer
Primary OS: Debian Sid
Guest OSses: Android, Linux

Post by towo2099 »

Besides the partial logfile, Windows host sounds like non Apple hardware, so no support here.
Xscissor101

Post by Xscissor101 »

towo2099 wrote:Besides the partial logfile, Windows host sounds like non Apple hardware, so no support here.
What does that mean? Oh and posted the full log file if you need to. I just need help resolving this, so that I can use this for a project that I've been working on.
fth0
Volunteer
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
Guest OSses: Linux, Windows 10, ...

Re: Referenced Error whenever I use my macOS guest VM

Post by fth0 »

Xscissor101 wrote:What does that mean?
Please read OSX guests on non-Apple hardware.
Xscissor101

Post by Xscissor101 »

fth0 wrote:
Xscissor101 wrote:What does that mean?
Please read.
Yeh I saw that, but in most cases it works. Do you think macOS mojave comes with some sort of piracy or copyright protection? Because for me this usually happens some times and I was able to make it work on some occassions. I don't think I've updated the software on macOS mojave and yet I was able to install it successfully and bring up my desktop. I just don't know why it won't boot even though I stopped updating it and works properly and detects all my hardware. When I last ran macOS Sierra, it worked completely fine with Virtualbox 5.2.8. Could it be the fact that the latest version is not stable? I'll tell you on that more when I rollback the update to 5.2.44. It will probably work.
Last edited by Xscissor101 on 23. Jul 2020, 05:05, edited 1 time in total.
BillG
Volunteer
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
Guest OSses: Windows 10,7 and earlier

Post by BillG »

Nobody said that it would not work. You were told, correctly, that it is a breach of the Apple license agreement to run MacOS on non-Apple hardware. For that reason, this forum cannot be used to advise you. All of that is explained in the reference you were given, if you had bothered to read it.
Bill