Problems with two graphics adapter

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
ansorre

Problems with two graphics adapter

Post by ansorre »

I had a Windows 10 with a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 and everything worke fine with VirtualBox with every kind of guests.
Then I added a second graphic adapter a NVIDIA RTX 2060 SUPER.
Since then VirtualBox guest addition fails 100% of the time for any VirtualBox Guest display, that means the virtual machines start and work, but 1) they are very slow, 2) the display is not adaptive anymore. I tried to switch from VBoxVGA and back to VBoxSVGA has suggested in some forums, but no luck. I tried in NVIDIA control panel to set VirtualBox to use just a specific graphic adapter, but no luck. Any idea? Anyone there that also experienced these problems, or at least that has two graphic adapters in the system and managed to have VirtualBox to work properly?
Thanks for replies.
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Re: Problems with two graphics adapter

Post by scottgus1 »

Start the guest from full normal shutdown, not save-state. Run until you see the problem happen, then shut down the guest from within the guest OS if possible. If not possible, close the Virtualbox window for the guest with the Power Off option set.

Right-click the guest in the main Virtualbox window's guest list, choose Show Log. Save the far left tab's log, zip it, and post the zip file, using the forum's Upload Attachment tab.

PS one of my hosts has a GTX 260 and some older GT something and three monitors. Virtualbox runs fine.
ansorre

Post by ansorre »

Thanks scottgus1,
here is the zipped log.
Attachments
Window_10_2020-2020-07-21-05-51-31.zip
(35.63 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
scottgus1
Site Moderator

Post by scottgus1 »

You are suffering from the recent Nvidia drivers problem:
00:00:07.522440 supR3HardenedErrorV: supR3HardenedScreenImage/LdrLoadDll: rc=VERR_CR_X509_CPV_NOT_VALID_AT_TIME fImage=1 fProtect=0x0 fAccess=0x0 \Device\HarddiskVolume2\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_edab19158bdd0d0a\
nvldumdx.dll: Certificate is not valid
A new Nvidia driver version for your host video was put out with a file that has a portion of its security signature missing/inaccurate. Get on with Nvidia's help or forums.

See fth0's suggestions:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=99059&p=480386#p480336

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/fo ... mentPage=1
ansorre

Post by ansorre »

You have been extremely kind, scottgus1. :D :D :D
Thank you very very much for the help!!!
scottgus1
Site Moderator

Post by scottgus1 »

Great! Glad you're up and running.