> invalid settings detected ...

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
HeroBeer

> invalid settings detected ...

Post by HeroBeer »

System acceleration page :
hardware visualization is enabled,
but not supported bij the host system,
it must disabled to start the virtual system ...

error : in the tabblad *acceleration*, the *enable nested paging*, cannot switched off ...!!

how to resolve ...?
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Re: > invalid settings detected ...

Post by scottgus1 »

Either your PC BIOS does not have the "Virtualization Technology" (VT-x/AMD-V/SVM) turned on, or something on the PC, like Hyper-V or 3rd-party antivirus, is using it. Go through every part of I have a 64bit host, but can't install 64bit guests
HeroBeer

Post by HeroBeer »

thanks ... I have read your advice, and switched off defender -- but there is something STRANGE !? -- within the whole settings`menu, on all tabs & topics, the OK`button stays *dead* -( else, the operation was simple ...?
scottgus1
Site Moderator

Post by scottgus1 »

if the OK button is 'dead', then there is an Invalid Settings error icon showing too. When you hover over or click the icon, the problem is displayed.

The 64-bits tutorial has a lot more than just "switching off defender", which could be really bad depending on how you interpreted the instructions. Switching off "Core Isolation Details" in Defender is OK. Switching off Defender itself would leave your Windows sans AV, which is rather bad.

What else did you do?
HeroBeer

Post by HeroBeer »

""""... if the OK button is 'dead', then there is an Invalid Settings error icon showing too. When you hover over or click the icon, the problem is displayed ...""""

yes I did, but to`fulfill the very simple instruction, was impossible because the OK`button stays dead ...!!

what else I did ? -- perhaps I re`install VirtualBox via the expert`modus -- but I am not an expert -- or perhaps to install the older version of VirtualBox ? -- a bad idea ...?
scottgus1
Site Moderator

Post by scottgus1 »

HeroBeer wrote:fulfill the very simple instruction
If this means to do what the instructions in the error message say to do, then please tell us what the exact text of the error message was and we might be able to explain how to do it.

Even a small screenshot, posted with the forum's Upload Attachment tab, showing the full error message, would help.
HeroBeer

Post by HeroBeer »

System_Accelleration_Error.png
System_Accelleration_Error.png (26.83 KiB) Viewed 1293 times
this is what I see ....
scottgus1
Site Moderator

Post by scottgus1 »

Ok, that fits with my suspicion. The real problem is that you have not succeeded in implementing the 64-bits tutorial linked above. Read it through again, very carefully.

You need to have Intel VT-x or AMD-v/SVM enabled in the BIOS, and Hyper-V services need to be off.
HeroBeer

Post by HeroBeer »

""... The real problem is that you have not succeeded in implementing the 64-bits tutorial linked above ...""

uh ... where and how ??
scottgus1
Site Moderator

Post by scottgus1 »

Herobeer, you need someone local to help you interpret the instructions. "Where and how" are right here in the topic and in the linked tutorial. Ask a person who reads English well and operates computers well and lives near you to help you.