Linux Mint and Chromium

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
corcom

Linux Mint and Chromium

Post by corcom »

I have a Linux Mint VM running on a Windows 10 host. When I first start the VM, Chromium seems to work without issue. However, there seems to be a problem over time. I've repeatedly experienced that when I open Chromium, VirtualBox crashes. I haven't seen it crash from opening Firefox.

I'm trying to pin down a repro scenario.

Using: VirtualBox 6.1.8
Host: Windows 10 64-bit
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Re: Linux Mint and Chromium

Post by scottgus1 »

Start the guest from full normal shutdown, not save-state. Run until you see the problem happen, then shut down the guest from within the guest OS if possible. If not possible, close the Virtualbox window for the guest with the Power Off option set.

Right-click the guest in the main Virtualbox window's guest list, choose Show Log. Save the far left tab's log, zip it, and post the zip file, using the forum's Upload Attachment tab.
corcom

Post by corcom »

Thanks. I just got it to crash. I restarted it but I'm going to do a full shutdown and restart.

When the error occurs, the VM dies instantly. I have no option to shut down, from within the guest or the host.

corcom

Post by corcom »

Upgrading guest additions 6.0.8 to 6.1.8.
corcom

Post by corcom »

It seems to be a matter of time. I had it running for a while and tried to open Chromium now. It immediately crashed. I don't think it's limited to Chromium, though.
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Post by scottgus1 »

No log has been uploaded yet, so we have no way to help.