Guru Meditation - Critical error has occurred while running the virtual machine

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
daniyal214

Guru Meditation - Critical error has occurred while running the virtual machine

Post by daniyal214 »

Hi Everyone,
I am running VM 6 on My windows 10.
After installing Minikube, when i start it with command 'minikube start' this dialog box named Guru Meditation appears and have to stop the machine.. Many suggestion I tried but couldn't help for me..

I am attaching the log file.. Please help
Attachments
log file.rar
(68.84 KiB) Downloaded 6 times
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Re: Guru Meditation - Critical error has occurred while running the virtual machine

Post by scottgus1 »

Your guru meditatied on "VERR_VMX_INVALID_GUEST_STATE". Web-searching "VERR_VMX_INVALID_GUEST_STATE site:forums.virtualbox.org" shows this has a lot to do with running multiple layers of hypervisor, which is what Minikube somehow appears to be.

Your Virtualbox guest had no trouble with VT-x when it started:
00:00:03.211096 HM: HMR3Init: VT-x w/ nested paging and unrestricted guest execution hw support
You have a "Intel® Core™ i7-4600M" processor, only two hyperhtreaded cores. (Come on, Intel, that's marketing-speak cheating. 2-core I7? Really... :? This is just an I3 on steroids. :lol: )

You do have both cores in the guest, which I do all the time on my 2-core-hyperhtreaded i5 laptop, without trouble, though I haven't tried Minikube. Try reducing VM core count to 1?

The guest ran fine for over 6 minutes until it crashed, consistent with:
daniyal214 wrote:After installing Minikube, when i start it
Minikube says it's supposed to work in a Virtualbox guest: https://kubernetes.io/docs/tasks/tools/ ... -minikube/

I wonder if your processor, dating from 2013, might be too old for this task? I don't see anything glaringly obvious in the log, though.