Bug Report VirtualBox 6.1.0

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
cookie

Bug Report VirtualBox 6.1.0

Post by cookie »

Hello All,

I am new to VirtualBox and i've updated the virtualBox from 6.0 only try the Intel VT-x option that was disabled in the previous version. I ran the VM but for some reason the VM is crashing returning some codes.Iam a student and use VirtualBox to run my GNS3 VMs for my university exams but not sure i should post it on the GNS 3 forum or here. If anyone could help that would be great.
VB_error.jpg
VB_error.jpg (105.85 KiB) Viewed 2255 times
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Re: Bug Report VirtualBox 6.1.0

Post by scottgus1 »

Posting at forums.virtualbox.org about issues running your guests is fine.

If you are running Virtualbox 6.1.0, you should post issues in the beta feedback forum: viewforum.php?f=15

6.0.14 is the latest stable release as of today. Feel free to post about stable release issues here.
cookie wrote:i've updated the virtualBox from 6.0 only try the Intel VT-x option that was disabled in the previous version.
The 'previous' version (6.0.#?) did not have any issues with Intel VT-x. There have been issues with Microsoft Hyper-V, which the developers are working on, and for which there are workarounds:
I have a 64bit host, but can't install 64bit guests

If you wish to use 6.1.#, post in the Beata feedback forum. If yo wish to post here, you'll need to roll back to 6.0.14. And please see Minimum Info Needed for Assistanceto get us the info we'd need to help.
cookie

Post by cookie »

Hai,

I had the the 6.0.14-133895 version but the Intel VT-x was grayed out. Do you want me rollback to the previous version and get some logs ?
scottgus1
Site Moderator

Post by scottgus1 »

Lets try 6.0.14 and work out the VT-x issue. Use your other thread viewtopic.php?f=6&t=95725
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

scottgus1 wrote:If you are running Virtualbox 6.1.0, you should post issues in the beta feedback forum: viewforum.php?f=15
Not if the issue is also present on a release version. The Beta/RC area should be reserved for regressions from the current release, not a generic problem-reporting area. Just running the Beta/RC isn't a necessary condition... ;)
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
scottgus1
Site Moderator

Post by scottgus1 »

socratis wrote:Not if the issue is also present on a release version.
Ah, ok, will remember this point.