[Invalid] XP Password?

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
POMAK249

[Invalid] XP Password?

Post by POMAK249 »

Hi
I'm new here and cant find a fix for this anywhere (unless I want to by a utility called pcunlocker!!) so here goes;
Some months ago I set up Virtualbox to use XP and run my old 'Titanic Explorer' discs on my Win10 DesktopPC, all went great and worked a treat.
Now I dont remember ever having to set up an administrator password for XP when I did this but today, after not having run the VB for sometime, XP is now asking for a password that I dont have or know? I have tried setting up a new VM HD but I still get the password request. I even tried uninstalling/reinstalling VB from a new download but still the same thing?
Is there any work around for this? was there a default password that ive forgotten? I normally make a record of all passwords so I dont think I missed one??
Any help gratefully recieved
Cheers
Mick :?
Last edited by socratis on 6. Nov 2019, 14:41, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Marked as [Invalid].
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: XP Password?

Post by socratis »

Would you call your PC's manufacturer (Acer/Dell/HP/Lenovo/other) to ask them that question? No you wouldn't because setting a password on an operating system has nothing to do with the hardware. And VirtualBox provides the hardware and has nothing to do with the software passwords.

But I'm sure if you search out there, there are solutions. Solutions that we can't discuss here... ;)

Marking as [Invalid].
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.