V6.0.10 USB Connecting Problem (Win1903)

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Re: V6.0.10 USB Connecting Problem (Win1903)

Post by scottgus1 »

The screenshot is rather fuzzy, but I was able to read it. The thumb drive "mass storage" does show Captured. When I have captured a thumb drive, the guest OS shows it as a new drive in "This PC". Do you see a new drive in your guest OS?
ROB87

Post by ROB87 »

No, I didn't… I don't have Ideas too.

It is just plugt off of the Host System...
ROB87

Post by ROB87 »

Hi,

where are the replay "BUSY WITH PREVIOS REQUEST" from? Maybe wi can find at this Point the mistake?

Also I'm Ready to make a TeamViewer session, so someone can diagnosis on my PC(?)
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

No need for a TeamViewer session or anything like that. Just read really carefully the USB basics and troubleshooting, lots and lots of people have made it. All your questions are in there...
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Post by scottgus1 »

I also am out of ideas. I can't fathom how a device that is "Captured" according to Virtualbox on the host doesn't appear in the guest OS, at least in the guest's Device Manager. (BTW, have you checked the guest's Device Manager for a new device?)

Try a USB thumb drive on a different PC, preferably one with rather different hardware than the PC you're using. See if Virtualbox puts the thumb drive in the guest there.

It was also recommended to use USB3 as the connection to the guest, with appropriate drivers installed in the guest if needed (see the tutorial). USB3 in Virtualbox is supposed to be better than the other levels, and USB2 devices will still work (better, apparently).