VirtualBox Installation in Safe Mode

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
UsernameChecksOut

VirtualBox Installation in Safe Mode

Post by UsernameChecksOut »

I'm trying to install VirtualBox in Safe Mode, reasons unexplained for why I can't use normal PC mode. Can't do that with "Windows Installer Service" not being able to be used in Safe Mode. I can't seem to use cmd to do registry editing for activating WIS. Anyone way to install this software in Safe Mode or a alternative installation?
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Re: VirtualBox Installation in Safe Mode

Post by scottgus1 »

UsernameChecksOut wrote:reasons unexplained for why
Does this mean you are not being told why you have to install in Safe Mode? If so, that's a bummer. Never heard of such a restriction, except with installing Guest Additions in XP safe mode for the 3D acceleration.

Or does it mean you don't want to tell us why? If so, we probably wouldn't want to bother taking guesses. (I personally wouldn't.)

Trying to get a Windows service running that won't run in Safe Mode doesn't sound like a Virtualbox question. More like a question for a Windows forum.

What happens when you try a normal installation? (BTW normal installation on Windows host PC is to right-click the installer and choose Run As Administrator, even if you already have admin privileges. Right-click-RaA cannot be skipped.)