VirtualBox stop opening any virtual machines

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
Paul1994

VirtualBox stop opening any virtual machines

Post by Paul1994 »

Hello, when I'm trying to open a virtual machine i got this error.
Call to WHvSetupPartition failed: ERROR_SUCCESS (Last=0xc000000d/87) (VERR_NEM_VM_CREATE_FAILED).

Result Code: E_FAIL (0x80004005)
Component: ConsoleWrap
Interface: IConsole {872da645-4a9b-1727-bee2-5585105b9eed}
Can you help me with this issue ?
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Re: VirtualBox stop opening any virtual machines

Post by scottgus1 »

VERR_NEM_VM_CREATE_FAILED
I have a 64bit host, but can't install 64bit guests Carefully go through each command in the 2nd & 3rd posts. Based on my perusal of successful fixes for this problem, the silver bullet appears to be the "bcdedit" command & complete power-down in post 2 point 1.
Paul1994

Post by Paul1994 »

I did all those settings, but still have the same issues. I don't know why this error appeared. You got any ideea ?
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Post by scottgus1 »

Only idea I have is that everyone who follows the tutorial carefully gets past this issue.
Ariq

Post by Ariq »

@scottgus1 Hi. I am having this same problem. I read somewhere that some windows versions require Hyper-V running alongside VirtualBox but I dont have Windows Pro which is required for Hyper-V. But there's no way I need to upgrade to windows Pro just to use a VM. There has to be some way. I enabled vt-x/amd-v on my host OS but that didn't fix this problem. And also, the link you posted to the possible solution is not working.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

Ariq wrote:I read somewhere that some windows versions require Hyper-V running alongside VirtualBox
Stop reading / unsubscribe from wherever you read this, it's false information / fake news.
Ariq wrote:And also, the link you posted to the possible solution is not working.
It works for 99.99% of the users. If you're in the 0.01% we need to see a complete VBox.log, from a complete VM run, where the problem occurs:
  • Start the VM from cold-boot (not from a paused or saved state) / Observe problem / Shutdown the VM (force close it if you have to).
  • With the VM completely shut down (not paused or saved), right-click on the VM in the VirtualBox Manager and select "Show Log".
  • Save only the first "VBox.log", ZIP it and attach it to your response. See the "Upload attachment" tab below the reply form.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.