Getting a VERR_NEM_VM_CREATE_FAILED on every vm

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.

Getting a VERR_NEM_VM_CREATE_FAILED on every vm

Postby Silentstorm » 21. Aug 2019, 13:04

Failed to open a session for the virtual machine temp.

Call to WHvSetupPartition failed: ERROR_SUCCESS (Last=0xc000000d/87) (VERR_NEM_VM_CREATE_FAILED).

Result Code: E_FAIL (0x80004005)
Component: ConsoleWrap
Interface: IConsole {872da645-4a9b-1727-bee2-5585105b9eed}

I have a amd fx-4300 if that helps with things. I get this message on every vm so i don't think its a guest issue. If you want more details, just ask. I'll gladly provide them to the best of my ability
Silentstorm

Re: Getting a VERR_NEM_VM_CREATE_FAILED on every vm

Postby scottgus1 » 21. Aug 2019, 18:09

See I have a 64bit host, but can't install 64bit guests Carefully go through each command in the 2nd & 3rd posts. Based on my perusal of successful fixes for this problem, the silver bullet appears to be the "bcdedit" command & complete power-down in post 2 point 1.
Human government is like that crazy uncle who hides a quarter in his fist behind his back, then asks you to guess which fist the quarter is in...
No matter which side you choose, Left or Right, both Sides are empty.
scottgus1

Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win7

Postby Silentstorm » 22. Aug 2019, 13:25

I'm still getting the exact same message. I'mma just run this type of stuff on linux as virtualbox seems to actually work on it
Silentstorm

Postby scottgus1 » 22. Aug 2019, 15:05

Silentstorm wrote:virtualbox seems to actually work on...

...Windows 10 as well, we just have to force Windows to stop using Hyper-V by default. Microsoft's Hyper-V hogs the VT-x/AMD/V capabilities of the host and won't let other children play. Microsoft has also rolled out a million new things in Windows that use Hyper-V. So this leaves Virtualbox users having to work around that situation.

Silentstorm wrote:I'm still getting the exact same message.

After reading my post I would expect you to. But after trying the things in the link I would have expected something different, as many others have discovered. Maybe you could elucidate what you actually did? We might see if you missed a step.

If you wish to not bother anymore, please say so and we'll press on to other posters.
Human government is like that crazy uncle who hides a quarter in his fist behind his back, then asks you to guess which fist the quarter is in...
No matter which side you choose, Left or Right, both Sides are empty.
scottgus1

Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win7

Return to VirtualBox on Windows Hosts