Virtual Box not starting up after latest Windows 10 update

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
MM92

Virtual Box not starting up after latest Windows 10 update

Post by MM92 »

So I had to install the latest Windows 10 and after that my VM just doesnt start up. I tried to go through almost all the solutions listed in the forum but to no avail. Following are the errors I am receiving:
VBoxManage.exe: error: Interface ('VirtualBox Host-Only Ethernet Adapter') is not a Host-Only Adapter interface (VERR_INTERNAL_ERROR)
VBoxManage.exe: error: Details: code E_FAIL (0x80004005), component ConsoleWrap, interface IConsole
What can I do to resolve this? :(

I have also uploaded my VM log file.
Attachments
ISE_14.7_VIRTUAL_APPLIANCE-2019-08-19-17-36-10.zip
(1.53 KiB) Downloaded 18 times
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Re: Virtual Box not starting up after latest Windows 10 update

Post by scottgus1 »

Try going to the guest's Network settings, Name: box. Drop down this box and see if there is another Host-Only adapter listed. If so try it.
If I remember right, sometimes, perhaps during major updates, Windows may reinstall the Host-Only adapter, and incrementing the number from no number to #2 to #3 etc. There's a way to get rid of the lower numbers and rename the adapter back to no number, but I don't remember that right off.

You may also have to reinstall Virtualbox. Just run the same installer over the top of the present installation. Right-click the installer and Run As Administrator, though, even if you are already admin.