Virtual Box not starting up after latest Windows 10 update

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.

Virtual Box not starting up after latest Windows 10 update

Postby MM92 » 19. Aug 2019, 14:01

So I had to install the latest Windows 10 and after that my VM just doesnt start up. I tried to go through almost all the solutions listed in the forum but to no avail. Following are the errors I am receiving:
VBoxManage.exe: error: Interface ('VirtualBox Host-Only Ethernet Adapter') is not a Host-Only Adapter interface (VERR_INTERNAL_ERROR)
VBoxManage.exe: error: Details: code E_FAIL (0x80004005), component ConsoleWrap, interface IConsole

What can I do to resolve this? :(

I have also uploaded my VM log file.
Attachments
ISE_14.7_VIRTUAL_APPLIANCE-2019-08-19-17-36-10.zip
(1.53 KiB) Downloaded 10 times
MM92

Re: Virtual Box not starting up after latest Windows 10 update

Postby scottgus1 » 19. Aug 2019, 14:28

Try going to the guest's Network settings, Name: box. Drop down this box and see if there is another Host-Only adapter listed. If so try it.
If I remember right, sometimes, perhaps during major updates, Windows may reinstall the Host-Only adapter, and incrementing the number from no number to #2 to #3 etc. There's a way to get rid of the lower numbers and rename the adapter back to no number, but I don't remember that right off.

You may also have to reinstall Virtualbox. Just run the same installer over the top of the present installation. Right-click the installer and Run As Administrator, though, even if you are already admin.
Human government is like that crazy uncle who hides a quarter in his fist behind his back, then asks you to guess which fist the quarter is in...
No matter which side you choose, Left or Right, both Sides are empty.
scottgus1
Volunteer

Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win7

Return to VirtualBox on Windows Hosts