[Invalid] All vms have lost network connections

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
hangerglide
Primary OS: MS Windows 7
VBox Version: OSE Debian
Guest OSses: ubuntu 8.10

[Invalid] All vms have lost network connections

Post by hangerglide »

I run several windows 7 through 10 vms on a windows 7 host. I have lost the network connectivity that I enjoyed on all of these vms. All of the vms are set up with a bridged adapter to the same intel nic; they all worked until today. I've restarted all guests and the host. The host has internet connectivity and is present on the windows 2012 r2 domain. I have tried disabling and reconfiguring the virtual nics on two vms and that didn't help anything. Inside the vms all of the nics get an ip address via dhcp, and the ip addresses revealed by ipconfig are viable for the domain. vbox was last updated something like a month ago, to 6.0.10.

Anyone have suggestions re what might be going on? I've never seen anything like this before.
Last edited by socratis on 2. Aug 2019, 09:59, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Marked as [Invalid].
hangerglide
Primary OS: MS Windows 7
VBox Version: OSE Debian
Guest OSses: ubuntu 8.10

Re: All vms have lost network connections (solved)

Post by hangerglide »

Oh, I just realized that the ip addresses are NOT valid for the domain. So the issue is not with virtual box.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: All vms have lost network connections

Post by socratis »

Marking as [Invalid].
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.