install of ubuntu 19.04 hangs on windows 10

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
linuxmaster56

install of ubuntu 19.04 hangs on windows 10

Post by linuxmaster56 »

I am attempting to install a virtual ubuntu 19.04 system on my virtual box on my windows 10 laptop.
my system is a 64 bit system running windows 10. i have 6 GB ram. intel pentium(R) CPU 2020M @ 2.40 GHz . dual cores.

I downloaded the ISO files for ubunto 19.04 desktop version.
I installed the virtual box software successfully.

next I tried to install the ubuntu virtual system. the 1st 2 attempts just hung very early on during the install process. in my 3rd attempt when it came time to specify the amount of ram for the virtual system, I used double the amount of ram (i.e. i now used 2048 MB). the install seemed to be going well. after a little over an hour i saw a message that the virtual system needed to reboot to complete the install process. after it rebooted I saw the message "Please remove the installation medium, then press ENTER:". Since this is a virtual system install and there is no physical install media, I just pressed ENTER. Even after more than an hour no progress has been made, i still just see the "removal" prompt.

what could be going wrong with my install ?

Thanks.
linuxmaster56

Re: install of ubuntu 19.04 hangs on windows 10

Post by linuxmaster56 »

after much google searching I finally found a video which showed the same issue I was having. the solution was simply to stop and then restart the virtual machine.