How to increase network adapter instead of 4, need 5 or 6

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
shahidmojid

How to increase network adapter instead of 4, need 5 or 6

Post by shahidmojid »

Hi everybody,
I am trying to make a windows server lab thus i need more than 4 network adapters which is under settings-> network option.

from tools -> network -> added another "Virtualbox Host only ethernet adapter #2". but When create a new VM, under settings -> network -> there are still adapter 1, adapter 2, adapter 3 and adapter 4. Which already assigned for 4 os. for 5th OS there are no more adapter.

Is it possible to increase adapter more than 4 under settings -> network? i am using oracle Vbox 6.0

Thanks in advance for your support.

Best regards,

SM
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Re: How to increase network adapter instead of 4, need 5 or 6

Post by scottgus1 »

You will need to use the command line to add more than 4 but up to 8 adapters. See the manual, section 8.8 on the 'vboxmanage modifyvm' command, especially section 8.8.1.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: How to increase network adapter instead of 4, need 5 or 6

Post by socratis »

shahidmojid wrote:I am trying to make a windows server lab thus i need more than 4 network adapters which is under settings-> network option.
May I ask why would you need 8 NICs for your VM? Would you have a computer with 8 discrete NICs in real life? 8 discrete network connections? Why if I can ask?
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.