VirtualBox Manager Freezing

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
Skyrider

VirtualBox Manager Freezing

Post by Skyrider »

Running Windows 10 1903.

As I launch VB Manager, it will act normal for about a minute and then freezes.

I have tried updating the manager to 6.0.10, and it's still freezing. I have uninstalled the program and it still not working.

Does anyone have any ideas?

I know my computer should be able to handle virtualization.

intel 7820
32 GB ram
dedicated harddrive for virtualization ( 2 TB baracuda)
Last edited by Skyrider on 25. Jul 2019, 21:25, edited 2 times in total.
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Re: VirtualBox Manager Freezing

Post by scottgus1 »

It has been discovered that to install Virtualbox correctly on Windows Hosts, you should right-click the installer and Run As Administrator, even if your account has Admin privileges. See if that helps.
Skyrider

Post by Skyrider »

I tried running installer both as a repair and as a fresh install as an admin, and the manager is still freezing after about a minute.

Now is it working after my last repair as admin it froze so I killed the task and let it sit and now it's been running for about a half-hour.
Skyrider

Post by Skyrider »

After restarting my computer, the manager is back to freezing. I tried rerunning the installer as admin to see if a repair install would work, but I'm still having the freezing issue after about a minute.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

Do you have any 3rd party antivirus running?
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
Skyrider

Post by Skyrider »

No, I have windows defender could it be my VPN?
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

Can you ZIP and post the file "C:\Users\<you>\.VirtualBox\VBoxSVC.log"? Note the dot before "VirtualBox". It might have some clues in there...

And yes, if you could uninstall your VPN temporarily, that could help in the diagnosis.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.