Getting error while trying to boot ESXI 6.0 in Oracle Virtual box installed on Windows 10

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
murali

Getting error while trying to boot ESXI 6.0 in Oracle Virtual box installed on Windows 10

Post by murali »

Hi,

I have installed Oracle virtual 6.0.10 on my Windows 10 machine. I have downloaded ESXi6.0 from VMware website

I have alloted 4GB Memory, 8 GB Harddisk and 2 CPUs and when i try to start the VM, i am getting below error. Could some one please help me?
Failed to open a session for the virtual machine Esxi6.0.

Call to WHvSetupPartition failed: ERROR_SUCCESS (Last=0xc000000d/87) (VERR_NEM_VM_CREATE_FAILED).

Result Code: E_FAIL (0x80004005)
Component: ConsoleWrap
Interface: IConsole {872da645-4a9b-1727-bee2-5585105b9eed}
Last edited by socratis on 25. Jul 2019, 06:43, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Enclosed the information in [quote] tag for better readability
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Getting error while trying to boot ESXI 6.0 in Oracle Virtual box installed on Windows 10

Post by socratis »

Moving to "Windows Hosts" from "Linux Guests".

We need to see a complete VBox.log, from a complete VM run, where the problem occurs:
  • Start the VM from cold-boot (not from a paused or saved state) / Observe problem / Shutdown the VM (force close it if you have to).
  • With the VM completely shut down (not paused or saved), right-click on the VM in the VirtualBox Manager and select "Show Log".
  • Save only the first "VBox.log", ZIP it and attach it to your response. See the "Upload attachment" tab below the reply form.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
murali

Re: Getting error while trying to boot ESXI 6.0 in Oracle Virtual box installed on Windows 10

Post by murali »

Thanks Socratis for quick reply.

The ESXI VM never booted, when i am trying to start, I am getting the error.
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

So, no logs are created at all?

Create a new VM, a 32-bit Win7. Try to start it. When you get the "Fatal, no bootable medium", close the VM window. Follow the instructions above to get the ZIPPED VBox.log...
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
murali

Post by murali »

Attaching the vbox.log latest file. by the way, i haven't created windows 7 VM as per your instructions below.
Attachments
VBox.log
(32.36 KiB) Downloaded 21 times
BillG
Volunteer
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
Guest OSses: Windows 10,7 and earlier

Post by BillG »

The error message is typical of lack of hardware virtualization failures. ESXi will surely need it.
Bill
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Post by mpack »

The OP is shooting for a triple nested VM platform? Wow. (Hyper-v -> VirtualBox -> ESXi).

Doomed to failure on Intel hosts I'm afraid. And probably a bad idea anyway.
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

mpack wrote:The OP is shooting for a triple nested VM platform? Wow. (Hyper-v -> VirtualBox -> ESXi).
You forgot one part:
00:00:02.688973 File system of 'C:\Users\v-musrip\Downloads\VMware-VMvisor-Installer-201507001-2809209.x86_64.iso' (DVD) is ntfs
:D