Modified Bliss Wallpaper for WinXP lovers

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
Dan_can_fly

Modified Bliss Wallpaper for WinXP lovers

Post by Dan_can_fly »

Love Virtualbox, it lets me use the magnificent PicturePublisher image editing software which runs on Win XP and earlier.

I used PicturePublisher to make a slight modification to the classic Bliss green hillside wallpaper image, adding text "Windows XP - the last good one." This amuses me in the age of Win10 and Office Abomination.

If you want to use it, download it from http://www.aircraftdesign -dot- com/BlissMod.kmp. Change k to b, then scan it to make sure nobody added junk to it. It was clean when I uploaded it.

Silly stuff, you'd think I would have better things to do with my time.....
Last edited by mpack on 16. Jun 2019, 15:28, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Provide direct URL link.
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Re: Modified Bliss Wallpaper for WinXP lovers

Post by mpack »

Why are you obfuscating URLs? You joined in 2016 and have a post count in double digits, hence you're well past the new joiner stage where most restrictions exist on what you can post. I replaced your obfuscated link with a direct one.

How would you go about adding "junk" to a BMP? It's not executable, so it can't possibly carry malware: though I'm familiar with the urban legends of course.

p.s. I find your comments about XP being "the last good one" quite amusing, because I can easily remember when it was XP that was seen by some as a fiendish plot to get us all to abandon the perfectly satisfactory Win98SE.
Dan_can_fly

Re: Modified Bliss Wallpaper for WinXP lovers

Post by Dan_can_fly »

Thanks Mpack - I post to several such sites, some are super tough against posting URLs. I forget which ones....

I too remember Win98. It was a good one too.

Win10 could be, but M$ apparently gave up on making it easy to do the things most users do often. Finding a command in Office makes Where's Waldo look like child's play. Well, it is child's play but you know what I mean!