Issue with virtualization into virual OS

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
Baltimorazzzz

Issue with virtualization into virual OS

Post by Baltimorazzzz »

hi, i create Windows 10 Pro virtual machine, and install someone program
but this program say: for me need technologies of virtualization (My PC successfully supported and already enabled this option, problem with virtual machine)

but i dont have this option in "Advanced option" in virtual machine

How me fix my issue? :(
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Re: Issue with virtualization into virual OS

Post by mpack »

It would be nice if you quoted the error message precisely, even if it isn't in English.

In the meantime I assume the message refers to VT-x or AMD-v not being available, which is required for a Win10 guest. In this day and age the most likely reason why these features would be unavailable on a Win10 host is because Hyper-v, or a subset feature of Hyper-v, is enabled on that host. Hyper-v grabs VT-x and doesn't share it.

Slightly less likely (if the host is slightly older) is that VT-x is disabled in the host BIOS.

If you need to continue this conversation then we'll require a VM log file. With the VM fully shut down, right click and "Show Log" in the GUI, save "VBox.log" (no other file) to a zip, and attach the zip here.
BillG
Volunteer
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows 10,7 and earlier

Re: Issue with virtualization into virual OS

Post by BillG »

You are running this program in the Windows guest? If so, that is to be expected. VirtualBox does not pass VT-x through to the guest (that is called nested virtualization). Hyper-V does, but only in certain cases and only if you specifically enable it.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/virtua ... ualization
Bill