Windows 10 host, USB captured but not apreaing in guest

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
NicSysVac

Re: Windows 10 host, USB captured but not apreaing in guest

Post by NicSysVac »

New Day, new reboot of my Notebook, new Luck ... It works! Thats the most important!

Here now my conclusion of what happened.
scottgus1 wrote:Looks like you found and used Socratis' USB tutorial. Good work, and good thorough info in your post!

If I read your guest log right, you're using the USB 3 xHCI device. All of your guests, including the logged one posted, are Windows 7. Did you install the USB 3 drivers for Windows 7 mentioned in step 6 of the tutorial?
Yesterday i installed the USB 3 Drivers for Windows 7 mentioned in step 6 of the tutorial from socratis. The thing that I did not do was rebooting my Notebook. So new day, new reboot of the host and guest system and it works. Now i can plug in my usb devices and when the drivers are found it should work. The final tests have still to come, but what i saw until know is really good.

For other people who might have a similar problem just try to install the drivers mentionned above and don't forget to reboot everything.

The Errormessages that i got before i installed and rebooted the notebook is "E_INVALIDARG (0x80070057) in HostUSBDeviceWrap. (see picture in attachment).

Thanks for your help.
VM_USB_ErrorMsg.jpg
VM_USB_ErrorMsg.jpg (91.97 KiB) Viewed 826 times
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Re: Windows 10 host, USB captured but not apreaing in guest

Post by scottgus1 »

Nice, glad you're up and running!