Guru Meditation Error when staring VirtualBox

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
Callum1201

Guru Meditation Error when staring VirtualBox

Post by Callum1201 »

Hi,

I have a Server 2019 Standard host and trying to install a 2019 Server VM on it, when starting the windows set up after loading files I get a critical error has occured

pastebin 5QViHrF9 is the logs from VBox.log

Thanks
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Guru Meditation Error when staring VirtualBox

Post by socratis »

We need to see a complete VBox.log, from a complete VM run, where the problem occurs:
  • Start the VM from cold-boot (not from a paused or saved state) / Observe problem / Shutdown the VM (force close it if you have to).
  • With the VM completely shut down (not paused or saved), right-click on the VM in the VirtualBox Manager and select "Show Log".
  • Save only the first "VBox.log", ZIP it and attach it to your response. See the "Upload attachment" tab below the reply form.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
Callum1201

Post by Callum1201 »

Vbox log is attached. Thanks!
Attachments
Windows Server 2019-2019-04-16-14-57-27.zip
(55.56 KiB) Downloaded 21 times
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Post by mpack »

00:00:04.136867 Guest OS type: 'WindowsNT_64'
I... think not. Try with a more recent template, e.g. "Windows 2016 (64bit)".

Also, I doubt whether a 2019 server OS is going to be happy with one core. Your host has 8, so you can easily assign 2 to the VM.

Graphics RAM seems light at 25MB - are you not getting warnings about this in the VM settings dialog?