Hardening Error after Upgrade to 6.0 McAfee VirusScan

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
LaughingMan

Hardening Error after Upgrade to 6.0 McAfee VirusScan

Post by LaughingMan »

Same issue and error. However have McAffee (corporate) so no control over it.

Ply happened once upgraded to 6.0.4 from 5.2.

Reinstalled VB and make sure admin installed. Upgraded graphics drivers for both Intel HD and nVidia.

Virtual machines will start headless ok, can then show the console. Starting normal quits with error.

Uninstalling 6.0.4 and reinstalling 5.2 works fine. Only issue on 6.0

Attached vBoxHardening file
Attachments
VBoxHardening.zip
(3.54 KiB) Downloaded 11 times
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Hardening Error after Upgrade to 6.0 TrendMicro VirusScan

Post by socratis »

LaughingMan wrote:Same issue and error. However have McAffee
Can you please re-read the title of the thread (Hardening Error after Upgrade to 6.0 TrendMicro VirusScan)? Seriously now, how can it be the same issue if you don't have TrendMicro? :roll:

I'm splitting your post from the original thread, there's no point tainting it. Please be careful next time. It's easy enough to create your own, specific, special thread instead of hijacking other people's threads.
LaughingMan wrote:McAffee (corporate) so no control over it
Then you need to add an exception for all things VirtualBox. There's no way around it.

Plus, you have more than McAfee installed:
8e4c.4014: supR3HardenedWinFindAdversaries: 0x8022
8e4c.4014: \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\symevent64x86.sys:
8e4c.4014:     ProductName:     SYMEVENT
8e4c.4014:     FileDescription: Symantec Event Library
8e4c.4014: \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\cyprotectdrv64.sys:
8e4c.4014:     ProductName:     CylancePROTECT
8e4c.4014:     FileDescription: Cylance Protect Driver
8e4c.4014: supR3HardNtChildWaitFor[1]: Quitting: ExitCode=0xc0000005 (rcNtWait=0x0, rcNt1=0x0, rcNt2=0x103, rcNt3=0x103, 127 ms, CloseEvents);
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
LaughingMan

Re: Hardening Error after Upgrade to 6.0 McAfee VirusScan

Post by LaughingMan »

It was the same error code, same work around. Now if a piece of software is acting the same to a different number of other software, do you A. Blame other software? Or B. Fix the underlining issue.

All good, reverted to 5.2 as it plays nice with others. Seems to be a trend. Good luck.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Hardening Error after Upgrade to 6.0 McAfee VirusScan

Post by socratis »

LaughingMan wrote:It was the same error code, same work around
Just like with every hardening error. And the error codes in VirtualBox don't have a great degree of variability; 90% of the errors have the same error code. The thread for TrendMicro was open specifically for TrendMicro, because there was a barrage of user reporting the same thing with TrendMicro, so it warranted its own thread.

Yours is the first McAfee related. If there are more McAfee & VirtualBox 6.0.x related posts, I'll merge them with your thread.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.