Keyboard input by Gizmo Script

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
Milanos

Keyboard input by Gizmo Script

Post by Milanos »

Halo,
I do have a problem with keyboard input by host application. My keyboard is perfectly working in guest (WinXP or CentOS) and also in host (Win7). I am using an aplication called Gizmo Script to automate some writing and pasting from host to guest. Gizmo Script is able to enter a virtual Windows screen and to make correct positions by mouse clicking, but is unable to write a letter by keyboard. Here is the example:

Code: Select all

Window f = Window.FindByName("qt_scrollarea_viewportWindow");  // This is the name of virtual Windows XP window located in Guest OS, with Firefox already running, this works fine// 
Script.Sleep(2000);   //Script is taking some 2 seconds lasting breath//
f.ForceToTop();  //This is forcing the window of virtual  Windows on top, works fine//
Script.Sleep(2200);
Mouse.SetPos(589,351);  //setting position of mouse on window, (i.e. browser address bar) works fine, 589,351 is mouse position deduced from Gizmo Window Analyzer, which is easy to evoke from Gizmos scriptwriter screen by clicking on 7th large icon "Analyze" from left side //
Script.Sleep(2000);
Mouse.Click(589,351, [Left], [Screen]);  //entering it by mouse-click, works fine, cursor is blinking in address bar of Guest's Firefox//
Script.Sleep(4000);

Keyboard.Send("hQtQtQpQsQ://xyz.oracle.cQoQm/", 400);  //and this is a problem with keyboard, Virtual box does not allow to write this text, is the problem with decoding Gizmo's keyboard code??, in host Windows this would write letters "hQtQtQpQs://xyz.oracle.cQoQm/", every with 0.4s delay//
Script.Sleep(2000);
By using this script in real Windows, there is no problem. But in Virtual Box also pasting from clipboard by automated Gizmo's keyboard command (Ctrl + V) simply does not work, I have to paste by mouse via clicking on table Edit - Paste. Problem is essential for my, because on a host Computer I have installed an old Office 2003 with a lots of useful macros and all new stuff including new browsers and not essential Messengers is located in my Guest OS. So called upgrading of Office is not a solution, because in new Office every single step in macro lasts 5 times longer.
Last edited by socratis on 13. Feb 2019, 10:01, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Enclosed the information in [code] tag for better readability
Milanos

Re: Keyboard input by Gizmo Script

Post by Milanos »

Kalimero wo bist du? Warum bekomme ich keine antwort?
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

[color=#BF6000]DeepL translator[/color] wrote: DE: Kalimero wo bist du? Warum bekomme ich keine antwort?
EN: Kalimero, where are you? Why don't I get an answer?
Because most probably nobody around here uses "Gizmo Script"?

And who/what is "Kalimero"? ;)
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
BillG
Volunteer
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows 10,7 and earlier

Post by BillG »

Bill
Milanos

Post by Milanos »

Yeah, that is Calimero. But not an anserver to my problem. Is there another aplication which is able to automate mouse clicking and text writing in Window? So far
Milanos

Post by Milanos »

... meanwhile I noticed that this application is abandoned project and I have became to dinosaur. I used this occasionally. I think I should seek a new Windows based macro program for automated keyboard and mouse clicking and learn, learn, learn ...as Lenin said, and rewrite old macros again. :D
Milanos

Post by Milanos »

SOLVED.
Solution is simple. As I assume Gizmos keyboard has it's keycodes of its own, it is necessary to install Gizmo Suite also in Guest. :mrgreen: After that keyboard input works, so you need host-guest environment that is capable to have installed the same software. In this case I cannot use Linux guest, because there is no software supporting Linux platform. I can use only Windows guest and Windows host. There was no problem with Virtual Box as I assumed. :D :D :D