mouse cursor problem when 2 screens activated

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
jidé

mouse cursor problem when 2 screens activated

Post by jidé »

Hello
I use 5.2.4 version, on an host with windows 8.1
the vm is with w10 pro
when only one screen, no problem at all
when I activate the second screen, the cursor is not seen at the place where he is active, ie on the first screen I see the arrow about 7 cm on the right of the active zone, and on the second screen about 2 cm on the left of the real active zone !
I have tried to modify the resolution, the memory allowed to video, the kind of pointing (mouse/tablet), nothing changes
When I desactivate the second screen, everything works well again.
Any idea ?
thanks
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: mouse cursor problem when 2 screens activated

Post by socratis »

jidé wrote:I use 5.2.4 version
That's an old version and there is a bug with multiple screens that was fixed with later versions. See: Windows 10 latest feature update 1809 breaks dual screen (#18016). Upgrade to either 5.2.26 or 6.0.4.
jidé wrote:when I activate the second screen
Second screen where? Host? Guest?
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
jidé

Post by jidé »

thanks for interest :)
I just upgraded to 6.0.4, nothing changes :(

I have a second screen connected to my all in one MSI host machine with an hdmi cable
jidé

Post by jidé »

I have made a check with another VM which is under XP Pro.
No problem with the cursor.
The difference I can see between the two VMs is that under XP the second screen is empty, I mean no Icon, no taskbar, but under W10 I have a taskbar in the second screen too. Could it be the problem ?
nikhil123

Post by nikhil123 »

Even I have the same issue where the cursor is not working fine

The problem I'm experiencing is when running 2 monitors hosted by a Windows 10 machine, the mouse no longer functions properly.

Full Description of Problem:
I have installed Windows 10 for my Mac book pro with the help of a virtual box and connecting to two virtual screens. Mouse when being used is responding weirdly, however, they are offset. With 2 monitor setup, the mouse clicks are less offset. When I click on the first screen it reflects to the second screen and wise versa. The mouse pointing is the completely indifferent direction.

Please help me with the solution here.