Virtual UB ports

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
dmoca

Virtual UB ports

Post by dmoca »

Hi everyone!

I have a question but maybe it's something impossible: I want connect a printer to my VM to a different USB port (mapping). My printer is assigned to USB001 in VM and the same result if I connect printer to another physical USB port. It's possible to specify another USB port for the printer or something similar?

Thank you very much!!

;)
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Virtual UB ports

Post by socratis »

I'm not sure I understand the question at all. Could you perhaps rephrase it?
Where you connect your USB device doesn't "really" matter for the VM. If you've setup a filter, it will be grabbed.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
dmoca

Post by dmoca »

Sorry about my english!

Thanks socratis. I know that it will be grabbed but I want that the Ubication Port indicated in printer properties will be another port.

I see: Port_#0002.Hub_#001 in printer properties. It's possible to change that?
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

No, you can't change it that's defined by the host OS and it could change at any time, it's dynamic.

But, why do you want to change it? What's the point?

BTW, not being a native English speaker myself, here are a couple of tools that I use: https://www.deepl.com/translator and https://translate.google.com/
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
dmoca

Post by dmoca »

This printer has software for printing, but it indicates that if I want to print with another program it is only necessary to change the printer to another USB port. The problem is that no matter which USB port you connect it to, the VM assigns the same port each time.

Note: it is a photo printer.
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

dmoca wrote:but it indicates that if I want to print with another program it is only necessary to change the printer to another USB port.
Do you have the error message of the printer? In English if possible?