Error when starting new virtual machine

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
SYNROB

Error when starting new virtual machine

Post by SYNROB »

Hello,

I'm getting some errors when starting a newly created virtual machine, just finished creating the virtual hard drive, which took 2 hours because I needed it fixed size but now the machine won't start.

I'm typing the WHOLE ERROR thing because the forum won't let me posts urls:

1st error:
VirtualBox- Error in supR3HardenedWinReSpawn

NtCreateFile(\Device\VBoxDrvStub) failed: Unknown Status -5633 (0xffffe9ff) (rcNt=0xe986e9ff)
VBoxDrvStub error: Unknown image file \Device\HarddiskVolume4\software\other\OVPC\virtualBoxVM.exe at 000000013f5c0000. (rc93Exp=-91)(rc=-5633)

Make sure the kernel module has been loaded successfully.

where: supR3HardenedWinReSpawn what:3
VERR_SUP_VP_NOT_KNOWN_DLL_OR_EXE (-5633) -Process Verification Failure: An unknown and unwanted DLL was found loaded into the process.
then, after clicking "OK" I get:
Failed to open a session for the virtual machine SYNSERVER1.

The virtual machine 'SYNSERVER1' has terminated unexpectedly during startup with exit code 1 (0x1). More details may be available in 'E:\SYSTEMS\SYNSERVER1\Logs\VBoxHardening.log'.

Result Code: E_FAIL (0x80004005)
Component: MachineWrap
Interface: IMachine {5047460a-265d-4538-b23e-ddba5fb84976}
LOG:
[ModEdit; 'SYNROB' has uloaded the ZIPPED VBoxHardening.log]

Hope someone can help because I have no idea what's going on apart from the wrong DLL being loaded, and no idea how to fix it..

Thanks.

UPDATE: I uploaded the log as a zip.
Attachments
VBoxHardening.zip
(24.02 KiB) Downloaded 90 times
Last edited by SYNROB on 12. Feb 2019, 23:19, edited 2 times in total.
andyp73
Volunteer
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Assorted Linux, Windows Server 2012, DOS, Windows 10, BIOS/UEFI emulation

Re: Error when starting new virtual machine

Post by andyp73 »

You should start by reading Tutorial: Diagnosing VirtualBox Hardening Issues and following the guidance there. If I were to take a guess then I would start by dealing with the COMODO Internet Security which is listed in the log file as a known adversary. You either need to add the VirtualBox directory and executable files as exceptions or completely uninstall it.

-Andy.
My crystal ball is currently broken. If you want assistance you are going to have to give me all of the necessary information.
Please don't ask me to do your homework for you, I have more than enough of my own things to do.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

For future reference, please do not simply copy/paste huge chunks of text verbatim. Instead you should ZIP your logs and attach them. It helps you, it helps us, it helps save a (virtual) tree or two... ;)

Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
SYNROB

Post by SYNROB »

Ok, thanks, I have always used comodo and oracle virtualbox with no problems whatsoever, the antivirus is disabled too, I'll try to check the link you sent me, and sorry about copy pasting that huge log, I'll zip them from now on.

Thanks