[Resolved] Host Control key combo, Version 6

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
Navion

[Resolved] Host Control key combo, Version 6

Post by Navion »

Hi, I'm setting up Windows 7 Pro for a client. Version 6 of VB, Win 7 Pro 64. (This is on a Win 10 Pro Bootcamp'd Macbook Pro)

I need to change the Rt-Ctrl key combo to release the mouse, but the keyboard on his laptop does not have a right Control key. I went to the preferences where it shows the key combos you can change, and my only options are to use RtCtrl or nothing. There is no alternative shown. Can anyone tell me how to get around that?

Also, it doesn't want to accept the AMD Radeon Vega Pro 20 driver package. Windows SVGA drivers only. The AMD software says the hardware isn't detected. Any ideas about this?

Thanks and apologies if it's been answered elsewhere. I did look....honest.
Last edited by socratis on 18. Jan 2019, 11:21, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Marked as [Resolved].
Navion

Re: Host Control key combo, Version 6

Post by Navion »

Just found the Guest additions (Duh!) and am installing that. Still need help with the key-combo thing though.
Martin
Volunteer
Primary OS: Fedora other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: XP, Win7, Win10, Linux, OS/2

Post by Martin »

Did you try clicking into the field for the host key and then just pressing once the key you want?
Navion

Post by Navion »

Perfect. Thanks Martin.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

Navion wrote:Also, it doesn't want to accept the AMD Radeon Vega Pro 20 driver package. Windows SVGA drivers only. The AMD software says the hardware isn't detected. Any ideas about this?
Yes. Your virtual machine uses virtual hardware, not your host's physical hardware (exception: CPU). Don't try to install any custom drivers for anything.

Since Martin showed you the way, and you addressed the original issue, I'm marking this as [Resolved].
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.