Flash Drive Host Issue

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
selkov
Primary OS: MS Windows Vista
VBox Version: OSE other
Guest OSses: na

Flash Drive Host Issue

Post by selkov »

I downloaded the the tool to create a flash driver version of VB along with the current VB release. During the installation it is trying to update and it hangs.
As per the instructions it says that after creation you can move the VB host to another device. So I was wondering, does anyone have a working win 10 host
That I can download and use?
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Flash Drive Host Issue

Post by socratis »

selkov wrote:I downloaded the the tool to create a flash driver version of VB along with the current VB release
There is no such official tool, you got this from somewhere else...

And the truth of the matter is that "portable" VirtualBox doesn't exist, it can't exist. There can never be a portable program that needs to install kernel drivers. You will need an administrator account access and a proper installation in the computer that you plan to run VirtualBox on.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.