VB6 - Performance horrible/Huge Cursor

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
Hula

VB6 - Performance horrible/Huge Cursor

Post by Hula »

Hi,

im on a Win10 Host with a Win10 64 Guest. Not problem at all in 5.22. Today i updated to 6.0 incl the extensions.
My guest Win10 got a performace as it was a old Intel celeron with integradet graphic. Every start of software need LONG, also Irfanview or so.
My coursor is huge like a special cursor, but its the standard mousecursor.

Switching back to 5.22 (with problems) all went good. Performance like a boss and no problems.

Screenshot
https://abload.de/image.php?img=vb6z9ep6.jpg
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: VB6 - Performance horrible/Huge Cursor

Post by socratis »

Please attach the image locally in your response (see the "Upload attachment" tab below the reply form). Not a lot of people will go to 3rd party sites. Plus, it's more convenient if the image goes along with the message...

Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
Hula

Post by Hula »

Problem is: The filesize is so small. Im on a 4k Screen and its a stamp
vb6z9ep6.jpg
vb6z9ep6.jpg (114.74 KiB) Viewed 3457 times
rokopt

Post by rokopt »

I've also suddenly started experiencing the "huge mouse pointer" issue on all my guest VMs with the upgrade to 6.0. I've never suffered from it before, though it or something with similar symptoms appears to have existed in some previous versions for some configurations (see ticket #14366).
Hula

Post by Hula »

Thx. Im not alone ^^. Looks like 6.0 is not the best shot at the end of the year. Im going back to 5.22 and everything works perfect.

There are new option in in the setup from the graphical adapter (svga and so on). But im not sure what to take and the huge mouse pointer is useless ^^
qrti

Post by qrti »

Same for me, large mouse cursor + guest window size is not restored, it always starts tiny. Update 6.02 does not help in any way. Maybe the hires screen 3840 x 2160 I'm using is the reason? Falling back to V5.2.24 ...
Murilo

Post by Murilo »

I noticed the same problem of slowing the mouse inside the VBox
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

On HiDPI screens you'll need to set the scale factor. Go to VirtualBox Preferences » Display » Scale Factor = 200% for your HiDPI monitors. Try again...
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
rokopt

Post by rokopt »

socratis wrote:On HiDPI screens you'll need to set the scale factor. Go to VirtualBox Preferences » Display » Scale Factor = 200% for your HiDPI monitors. Try again...
Thanks for the suggestion. I tried that with 6.0.4 on my Windows guests, and it did fix the mouse pointer size, but it also made the guest screen twice as high and wide so that I could only see a quarter of it at a time and had to use the scrollbars to see the rest.

6.0.4 actually did fix the huge-mouse-pointer problem on my Linux guest -- but not on my Windows guests, so I've reverted to 5.2.26.
rokopt

Post by rokopt »

I think that 6.1.0 has fixed this problem for me on both my Linux and my Windows guests. Thanks!
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

Thanks for the feedback 'rokopt'. Unfortunately I can't mark this thread as [Fixed], primarily because I haven't heard from the OP...