[Resolved] Mouse integration went faulty on Windows 10

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
SylvainCyr

[Resolved] Mouse integration went faulty on Windows 10

Post by SylvainCyr »

Hello,

The host right control went faulty. I closed the installation. restarted. Created a new one, install again. Checked here and online. They all say to get out of the mouse integration in the installation screen, press the ctrl right key. Well I try the on mon hp laptop, and also an external one. No luck. This work well before, but not anymore.

Question 1:
Any quick fix without having to reinstall the software?

Question 2: If I do have to reinstall, where could I save a virtual copy of existing installation. What is the file extension name for virtual box install.
Attachments
mouseintegrationlogISSUE.txt
screen, what it look like. The black arrow inside no longer move before or after pressing the right ctrl key (host)
(113.23 KiB) Downloaded 311 times
virtual box log
virtual box log
hostkey went faulty.JPG (93.01 KiB) Viewed 29829 times
Last edited by socratis on 12. Dec 2018, 20:35, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Marked as [Resolved].
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Mouse integration went faulty on Windows 10

Post by socratis »

SylvainCyr wrote:The host right control went faulty
What does that mean? Can you explain? You can't use the Right-Ctrl key? It doesn't work? How do you know?

It seems that you're trying to install a CentOS[1] guest. If you haven't changed the template suggested defaults, then in the "VM Settings" » "System" » "Motherboard" » "Pointing Device" it should be "USB Tablet". In that mode you don't really need the mouse integration, it simply works. When you've clicked inside the VM window, you also capture the keyboard. When you click outside the VM, you uncapture the keyboard as well.

Mouse integration is meant primarily for OSes that 1) don't have guest additions and 2) don't use the PS/2 Mouse as their pointing device.

[1]: I really like how you spelled "Scent OS" ;)
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
SylvainCyr

(Problem Solved )Re: Mouse integration went faulty on Windows 10

Post by SylvainCyr »

For unknown reason ,my white cursor would not match the black cursor inside the window ant the right ctrl key would not work for the mouse. With the new settings. Mouse integration worked just fine on the first shot. Thank you

*************Problem resolved****************
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Mouse integration went faulty on Windows 10

Post by socratis »

I'll take your word for it! ;)
Marking as [Resolved].
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
ssybesma

Re: [Resolved] Mouse integration went faulty on Windows 10

Post by ssybesma »

I noticed something about Mouse Integration that makes it very attractive to have enabled and that is you never have to press the Host key to switch between using the mouse inside OR outside of the VM. The mouse is active everywhere, in or out.
Curiously, I have two Windows XP Pro 64-bit VMs with VBOXGuestAdditions enabled and MI works on one of them even though the Pointing Device is set to PS/2 Mouse under System Motherboard. The other one reverts to disabling MI when it's set that way and only works how I want when other than PS/2 Mouse is selected.
Is there a way to force Mouse Integration no matter how Pointing Device is set, because again, one of my VMs seems to not care how that is set and the mouse works in or out of the VM without being forced to use the Host key, which is a nuisance.
ssybesma

Re: [Resolved] Mouse integration went faulty on Windows 10

Post by ssybesma »

Forget what I said above.
There was a problem with VBOXGuestAdditions on the VM I had a Mouse Integration issue with where it refused to enable (when PS/2 mouse was selected).
I uninstalled and reinstalled VBGA and now the mouse is seamless on that VM as well...and the PS/2 mouse is selected so USB Tablet is not needed to make the seamless mouse work.
Finicky!!!