Error when launching virtual machine

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
Ilin

Error when launching virtual machine

Post by Ilin »

I used Virtualbox a while ago with no issue. However now when I try to access a virtual machine I get the following error
Failed to open a session for the virtual machine jcyrf.

The virtual machine 'jcyrf' has terminated unexpectedly during startup with exit code 1 (0x1). More details may be available in 'C:\Users\user\VirtualBox VMs\jcyrf\Logs\VBoxHardening.log'.

Result Code: E_FAIL (0x80004005)
Component: MachineWrap
Interface: IMachine {85cd948e-a71f-4289-281e-0ca7ad48cd89}
I have tried reinstalling virtualbox a couple of times but I still get the same issue. I have the latest version of virtualbox on Windows 8.
Last edited by socratis on 12. Dec 2018, 01:08, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Enclosed the information in [quote] tag for better readability
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Error when launching virtual machine

Post by socratis »

Please read really carefully the following FAQ: Diagnosing VirtualBox Hardening Issues for some generic guidelines/ideas. Remember, these are guidelines, not the exact solution, you have to use your judgement as to which program might be responsible.

We could potentially give you a suggestion or two if you posted a ZIPPED VBoxHardening.log (the one mentioned in the error) and we see signs of known applications.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.