Update french language

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
bubuleur

Update french language

Post by bubuleur »

Hello,
I want to know how to finish the VirtualBox French translation
there is a tutorial on (virtualbox translating site) but I do not know how to do it
If anyone can help me
Thanking you
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Update french language

Post by socratis »

You might want to contact the owner of the French translation, Benjamin Masse. It seems that the translation is up to date, so I'm not sure what the "how to finish" means. If you're looking for simple corrections, there is ticket #4503: NLS/Translation mistakes & suggestions.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
bubuleur

Post by bubuleur »

Hello,
Thank you for your answer I took your file. ts and I turned them into. qm with Qt Linguist so that virtual box can read it
and that's perfect virtualbox and everything translated now so I do not need to bring my contribution to translate
Why is this translation not integrated in the installer for version 6. 0. 0 r127566?
Thanking you for all
cordially
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

socratis wrote:You might want to contact the owner of the French translation, Benjamin Masse. It seems that the translation is up to date, so I'm not sure what the "how to finish" means. If you're looking for simple corrections, there is ticket #4503: NLS/Translation mistakes & suggestions.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
bubuleur

Post by bubuleur »

Hello,
ok thank you
I saw that Benjamin Masse to post the French translations
https://www.virtualbox.org/ticket/17708#comment:62
Will it be in the next update of Virtualbox?
Thanking you
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

bubuleur wrote:I saw that Benjamin Masse to post the French translations
You can download his translation files and check them out... Even better!
bubuleur wrote:Will it be in the next update of Virtualbox?
Only the Gods know, and they only speak Greek, that's why it's all Greek to you! :D

No, seriously now, the developers don't (very wisely) talk about planned release dates. It will be released when it will be announced....