Windows 10 install error: OOBEREGION

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Windows 10 install error: OOBEREGION

Post by socratis »

cubetronic wrote:This is a duplicate of forum topic 90323 entitled "SOMETHING WENT WRONG OOBEREGION"
No, not really, they look alike, but the posted was different, so were the details of the VM. A "crash" may have the same end result, but not the same reason behind it. A very keen eye on your part on the other hand, you did your homework! Kudos! 8)
cubetronic wrote:SOLUTION:
Not actually. Downgrading is not the solution, it's a workaround. I personally have installed 1809 about 5-10 times so far, so have hundreds and hundreds of people. Without specific details, that simply is still a workaround...
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
Myea

Post by Myea »

I am having a problem with creating a windows 10 vm on virtual box and here is the vm log attached. Please help
Attachments
windows 10-2020-01-31-23-58-44.log
(122.82 KiB) Downloaded 10 times
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Post by mpack »

I'd say that you need to get yourself a better host! The minimum recommended RAM for Windows 10 64bit is 2GB, and your host only has 1.5GB available. Win10 ideally needs a couple of CPU cores too. You also seem to have added a second DVD drive to your VM, and have the same Win10 install media mounted there. Nasty.

Your Win10 ISO seems to be the MSDN version, is that correct?

Btw, this topic concerns the OOBEREGION error. Do you actually have that error? If not then please don't hijack unrelated topics.
MrWhoopee

Post by MrWhoopee »

Increasing the number of cores in the VM solved this problem for me. The installation proceeds normally without error.