VirtualBox crash on load ReactOS 0.4.10 btrfs filesystem (#18112)

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
Seven

VirtualBox crash on load ReactOS 0.4.10 btrfs filesystem (#18112)

Post by Seven »

ModEdit; related ticket: #18112: VirtualBox crash on start ReactOS with BTRFS
This is ticket on site virtualbox ticket #18112 with attached log
It have problem on my computer. If it happened on other computers i hope it must be fixed.
Last edited by socratis on 7. Nov 2018, 11:18, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added ticket related information.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: VirtualBox crash on load ReactOS 0.4.10 btrfs filesystem

Post by socratis »

As I mentioned in the ticket, I tried it, and I had no problems at all.
  • Could you repeat the procedure?
  • Does it happen only if you choose the Btrfs option?
As I also mentioned on the ticket, you saved the VM state and you resumed. Sometimes this is what might cause the problem. So, try a new installation, record all the steps and post them here in case we could be able to replicate it.

And, we need to see a complete VBox.log, from a complete VM run here, no need to go hunting in the ticket (plus, the ticket one is from a Saved state, not a cold boot):
  • Start the VM from cold-boot (not from a paused or saved state) / Observe error / Shutdown the VM (force close it if you have to).
  • With the VM completely shut down (not paused or saved), right-click on the VM in the VirtualBox Manager and select "Show Log".
  • Save only the first "VBox.log", ZIP it and attach it to your response. See the "Upload attachment" tab below the reply form.

PS. Thanks for including the ticket number. I'll update the first post and the thread title...
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
Seven

Re: VirtualBox crash on load ReactOS 0.4.10 btrfs filesystem (#18112)

Post by Seven »

I recreate virtual machine and no more use "save state". It helped to fix problem. So i can stop discussion. But what if the problem still exist for "save state" - it is ok? New users will possible to have same problem or in other OS. If it is problem in ReactOS better to inform ReactOS community