Server 2016 host win 2000 guest bridged adapters stopped working

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
lamgar

Server 2016 host win 2000 guest bridged adapters stopped working

Post by lamgar »

built two servers with win2000 server guest VM's and when built they were connected to gigabit switch and all networking worked between VM and host. plugged into actual enviorment with 100m switches and now the host works but the guest does not. Help!
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Server 2016 host win 2000 guest bridged adapters stopped working

Post by socratis »

We need to see a complete VBox.log, from a complete VM run:
  • Start the VM from cold-boot (not from a paused or saved state) / Observe error / Shutdown the VM (force close it if you have to).
  • With the VM completely shut down (not paused or saved), right-click on the VM in the VirtualBox Manager and select "Show Log".
  • Save only the first "VBox.log", ZIP it and attach it to your response. See the "Upload attachment" tab below the reply form.

We need also the output of the following command, run from both the guest and the host:
  • 
    ipconfig /all
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.