Failed to open a session for the virtual machine

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
Shahzad

Failed to open a session for the virtual machine

Post by Shahzad »

Hello Everyone, This is my first post. I am having the following error ) with my vm.
Failed to open a session for the virtual machine My_Ubuntu.

The virtual machine 'My_Ubuntu' has terminated unexpectedly during startup with exit code -1073741819 (0xc0000005). More details may be available in 'C:\Users\Hwi\VirtualBox VMs\My_Ubuntu\Logs\VBoxHardening.log'.

Result Code: E_FAIL (0x80004005)
Component: MachineWrap
Interface: IMachine {85cd948e-a71f-4289-281e-0ca7ad48cd89}
I have checked the log file (attached) but could not pin point the error. If any one can help, it would be appreciated.
Attachments
VBoxHardening.log
(17.59 KiB) Downloaded 6 times
andyp73
Volunteer
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Assorted Linux, Windows Server 2012, DOS, Windows 10, BIOS/UEFI emulation

Re: Failed to open a session for the virtual machine

Post by andyp73 »

Your log file mentions Symantec's Event Library in a section called "known adversaries". Their software isn't known to play nicely with VirtualBox. There is more guidance as to what to look out for in the Tutorial: Diagnosing VirtualBox Hardening Issues. Other things to look out for are Trusteer Rapport and similar tools that some internet banking applications require.

-Andy.
My crystal ball is currently broken. If you want assistance you are going to have to give me all of the necessary information.
Please don't ask me to do your homework for you, I have more than enough of my own things to do.