Crashing when trying to use Mac OS X Yosemite, error accessing memory

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
Virtus

Crashing when trying to use Mac OS X Yosemite, error accessing memory

Post by Virtus »

I got one of those "The application tried to access memory at ... and failed" errors.

I guess I should attach a log file... but after I save it from VirtualBox it just shows up as a plain nondescript "file" that can't be attached or opened. D

I'm guessing the problem is I don't have enough memory or something? I'm using a Windows 7 Asus with a 3 GHz AMD A6 processor (only one actual core I guess); it has 8 GB of memory and a ton of hard disk space. It's an older computer but still.

I installed and used Ubuntu with VirtualBox without a problem (although it is sometimes slow). When trying to start up Mac OS X Yosemite 10.10, it seems to start and then I get this error. The first two times it happened as soon as I got to the initial setup screen. After tweaking some things, it now made it past that, I put the name of the computer and a password and all, and then it happens. I used the recommended allotments or specs, 2.5 GB RAM, and also increased video memory to 128. Is my processor just not good enough to handle this?
Attachments
ErrorLogFile.rar
(26.41 KiB) Downloaded 4 times
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Crashing when trying to use Mac OS X Yosemite, error accessing memory

Post by socratis »

OSX guests are only supported on Apple hardware (which you do not have). See: Important notice regarding Mac OS X as Guest.

Moving to "OSX Guests" from "Windows Hosts".
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.