Can't unlock screen on Ubuntu Desktop 14.04

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
dazvirtualbox

Can't unlock screen on Ubuntu Desktop 14.04

Post by dazvirtualbox »

If the screen becomes locked, it takes be to the password page. I can type in the password, and the screen seems to try to go to the desktop, but then it quickly goes back to the locked screen prompting me for the password again. It's as if as soon as it gets unlocked, it becomes locked again.

I'm using vagrant 2.1.4.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Can't unlock screen on Ubuntu Desktop 14.04

Post by socratis »

dazvirtualbox wrote:I'm using vagrant 2.1.4.
Vagrant is a program that relies on VirtualBox but modifies its configuration files in unknown ways to us. It is not supported on these VirtualBox user forums, they have their own Vagrant support channels. If you are having this problem with a standalone version of VirtualBox, then we can continue this discussion.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
dazvirtualbox

Post by dazvirtualbox »

Gotcha, fair enough.

Is there a way i can disable lock screen? Or call detach GUI whenever a call to lock screen is asserted?
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

dazvirtualbox wrote:Is there a way i can disable lock screen?
From the Ubuntu settings maybe? I disable all screen savers, power savers, sleep modes, energy saving, etc. from my guests. If I have a guest open and running, I want it open and running. If I'm not there to work on my guest, my host is smart enough to put the whole computer to sleep/scren-saver/else mode...
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
dazvirtualbox

Post by dazvirtualbox »

yep, makes sense, thanks