Guru meditation error

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
Itle

Guru meditation error

Post by Itle »

I am having a guru meditation error
The file is 296 kb so i cant share it, please tell me how to solve it
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Re: Guru meditation error

Post by mpack »

Post the VM log file. With the VM fully shut down, right click and "Show Log" in the GUI, save "VBox.log" (no other file) to a zip, and attach the zip here.
Itle

Guru meditation error

Post by Itle »

I am attaching the file
Attachments
logs.zip
(52.53 KiB) Downloaded 13 times
andyp73
Volunteer
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
Guest OSses: Assorted Linux, Windows Server 2012, DOS, Windows 10, BIOS/UEFI emulation

Post by andyp73 »

Your guru meditation is caused by the following:
VBox.log wrote:
00:00:02.430414 HM: HMR3Init: Falling back to raw-mode: VT-x is not available
Even with 32bit guests the later versions of VirtualBox make use of VT-x. Your host system has 2GB RAM and an Intel Celeron 430 CPU which has a single core and no VT-x.

Your hardware really isn't capable of running VirtualBox and a second operating system.

-Andy.
My crystal ball is currently broken. If you want assistance you are going to have to give me all of the necessary information.
Please don't ask me to do your homework for you, I have more than enough of my own things to do.
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Post by mpack »

You can try the following.

With the guest fully shut down run the host Windows "Command Console" and issue the command:-

Code: Select all

"C:\Program Files\Oracle\VirtualBox\VBoxManage.exe" modifyvm "Kali Linux" --hwvirtex off
This may allow you to get beyond the immediate error, however as Andy has said, your PC is simply not capable of doing a good job running two operating systems at once. Virtualization is not like dual boot: the OS's do not run one at a time. The virtualization is a hardware simulation executing as code on the host. It is hard to run that simulation while still providing enough CPU for the guest OS, plus everything the host needs to do, all on one core.